Question Where to post this? referral for who can build a specific type of PC for me

Sep 12, 2019
What forum category/place do i post everything I need the PC to be able to do: so I can inquire as to a referral to whom can build it?

Sep 12, 2019
TBH, unless you are planning on paying some ungodly shipping, you should probably seek out services in your local area that will do such and talk to them directly.

IIRC places like Micro Center will build your parts for a nominal fee.
Cost is no concern to me. I checked locally and all the places that I checked said it was out of their league.

Sep 12, 2019
Puget would be one place to look into for special builds if you have deep pockets.

Would help to know what is so special about your requirements that you are having trouble finding local shops that can build it for you.
I decided to ask which category or what part of the forum should I be having this discussion so that I am in the correct place? I am new here, yet could not find any categories to cover what I am needing to speak about: unless I am missing it. Thank you; Though, I do not know what Puget means.

Sep 12, 2019
Carey Holzman of YouTube fame does customer specific builds. He is based in Arizona IIRC.

Now that the thread is here, post up.
Thank you: all of the "Customer Specific Build" experts I have thus far found only work with Motherboards made by other companies. Yet My needs are quite unique: as I am needing it all built from scratch according to my own Blueprints: and will in the end accomodate 278 total i9 Processors. On a side project I am working on a Miniature Desktop model: and am almost done with the final touches of the Processor I have designed; It is all based on Vortice mathematics. Yet no current boards to-date can handle a CPU shaped like a cube: having seating points on all sides. I will also need to find someone that can build this as well according to my specs/blueprints.

InvalidError

Titan
built from scratch according to my own Blueprints: and will in the end accomodate 278 total i9 Processors.
Neither AMD or Intel mainstream CPUs support more than one socket per motherboard so the only way to put 278 i9 together would be to build 278 individual i9 and then use mesh technology to form a compute cluster out of them, this is a physical limitation of the CPU itself as the package lacks the extra pins necessary to directly connect CPUs to each other and the internal logic to manage multi-socket. Unless the software you will be working with supports clustering, you would be better off going with multi-socket Xeon or EPYC.

Reactions: digitalgriffin
What forum category/place do i post everything I need the PC to be able to do: so I can inquire as to a referral to whom can build it?
You can post it here and people will give you suggestions in the form of a PCPartPicker bill for you to go buy the parts.

But assembling, installing OS/software and testing it out would be someone local. Even if Microcenter won't do it you can probably get some referrals for local builders just by hanging around the store on Saturday mornings. Most builds aren't that hard if parts are well selected.

One big exception will be if you're wanting a custom closed-loop cooling arrangement. They can be really hard, with poorly formed tubing leading to leaks or inaccessible for necessary loop maintenance. The more exotic and aesthetically inclined, the more difficult and prone to problems (just watch some Jays2Cents videos.) That also suggests a local builder is desireable since you can easily run the system back to him for service, but also to see some examples.

Last edited:

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Thank you: all of the "Customer Specific Build" experts I have thus far found only work with Motherboards made by other companies. Yet My needs are quite unique: as I am needing it all built from scratch according to my own Blueprints: and will in the end accomodate 278 total i9 Processors. On a side project I am working on a Miniature Desktop model: and am almost done with the final touches of the Processor I have designed; It is all based on Vortice mathematics. Yet no current boards to-date can handle a CPU shaped like a cube: having seating points on all sides. I will also need to find someone that can build this as well according to my specs/blueprints.

:WOW:

Yeah, I would say your build goes beyond the average "computer guy".

Sep 12, 2019
Neither AMD or Intel mainstream CPUs support more than one socket per motherboard so the only way to put 278 i9 together would be to build 278 individual i9 and then use mesh technology to form a compute cluster out of them, this is a physical limitation of the CPU itself as the package lacks the extra pins necessary to directly connect CPUs to each other and the internal logic to manage multi-socket. Unless the software you will be working with supports clustering, you would be better off going with multi-socket Xeon or EPYC.
My own PC has two CPUs, then again its a Server Board and beyond the "mainstream" category of those that takes only one "socket". I am not good at communicating since I do not know how to be diplomatically appealing or soft in my presentation of intent or self. So I apologize in advance for how I talk. To speak about this in detail: of which I am more than capable of doing is a challenge as I am realizing I am failing at communicating. Learning what to say and shouldn't be said is a trial and error journey for me and hopefully not at anyone's painful expense during this learning process for me. I am hoping to say enough without giving away every detail so as to not lose the invention. I have never, and I mean literally never reached out to the public for help regarding my own inventions. It is not a question to me as to will it work or what if it doesnt: becaus I know it will because I created it to. So, in short, there are two separate projects I have been working on. #1) a processing platform unlike anything ever done before utilizing the limited capabilities of 278 i9 processors [and this was only until I am able to get the processors I created manifested from paper to production]. and #2) a much smaller version utilizing 6 i9 processors: think of a cube: each side of the cube is where it will seat All connection points based on Vortice mathematics.

:WOW:

Yeah, I would say your build goes beyond the average "computer guy".

I used to know a semiconductor physicist at MIT who'd be able to help with that...but I think he was atomized in an RF generated plasma beam. At any rate, nobody's heard from him for several years but there was a strange light flashing in rythmic patterns observed by one of the rovers that offers some hope. NASA won't release that data so we can determine anything specific, however.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2
Sep 12, 2019
I suppose the best way to speak about this is to say I am creating a Computer from scratch utilizing base materials/ingredients used to make every computer component imaginable that a computer uses. The issue is I do not have the place/location/machinery for doing this. Every Motherboard, CPU, GPU, and PSU are all inferior to what my creation can do and will be. For me, it is not a matter of how: rather who and when. Most people think of 3-dimensional space as height, width, and depth. And logically so. However, what I am desiring to build is a computer that functions multi-dimensionally beyond those three. All coding no matter how sophisticated, eloquent, or poetic: it is all linear-bound according to height and width. My computer will function with two added elements all current retail sided computers do not have: depth (beyond the linear) and "Negative Time-Control" (negative-time calculations are 90 to 1 times faster than positive time control Calculations/environments. Through Vortice Mathematics I have achieved the answer of how to do this. Yet it requires a six-sided hub per-se: accommodating 6 processors (1 per side).

When you look inside a Computer case of "mainstream" computers, you will see a motherboard on its side with 1 or two CPU's with everything else that you may already know is in there (no need to list every single part here). You walk up to that case, opening it up and looking inside along with everything that that computer is doing (presuming it to be on and running), would be considered as being Zero-Point, the place wherebefore anything related to a First Dimension occurs. Data accessing, number crunching, parallel accessing recalls, all of this would be considered as being a First-Dimensional Series of a First-Dimensional protocol: that leads to one of many multi-Dimensional events. The actual First-Dimensional event occurs the moment an electromagnetic field is manifested. That field is then taken through a series of oblique-discoveries (filters/resisters/transistors etc.) wherein it becomes morphed into a specific directional-pathway that the majority may understand as being an electrical current. Long before the electrical current leaves the power supply it is doing so under a forced Positive-Time-Controlled environment (this will cause a bottlenecking to occur no matter what hardware is used for the building of the PC). To say more than this, and how the current of electricity and data flows, what actually carries that data and electrical current etc. might be saying too much, I am not yet sure. My computer will run on a Negative-Time-Controlled environment when it comes to data flow/management powered by a Negative-Time-Controlled electrical current: in order to achieve the opening and manipulation of the 2nd,3rd,4th,5th,6th,7th,8th,9th,10th, and 11th Computational-Dimensions respectively. I realize what I am posting in saying just this little bit will for many convolute things and pass me off in their mind as being some wack job. And that's okay, I didn't come here to win a Cookie. I simply came here seeking help in an area that I am discovering to be an area of great taboo. Every major motherboard company that I have reached out to ask for help from in building "my motherboard" "my PSU" has fallen on deaf ears: perhaps they fear I would become their most hated competition. Though in my mind while their PC is still Booting up mine will have solved Chess. There wouldn't be a competition! Well, not literally or exactly: yet hopefully you catch what I am expressing/communicating.

I suppose the best way to speak about this is to say I am creating a Computer from scratch utilizing base materials/ingredients used to make every computer component imaginable that a computer uses. T...

If you really are being serious: I think you should contact engineering/science department of a university heavily involved in basic research. Ask around for one of their research instrumentation engineers. They live in the world of arcane, rare and one-of-a-kind designs and fabrication projects. If any body could help you get started, it would be they.

Okay it sounds like you are building a workload cluster full of blades that distribute workloads over a customized LInux/Unix environment network. This is super computer territory (a small one, but one just the same). You need to consult with the big league boys like IBM, DeLoitte, Sun Microsystems etc...

You'll also need an appropriate Grey/White room where all this will go as well as proper infrastructure. I know a few companies that specialize in this as well.

This would be a multi year-multi million dollar project most likely as there will be construction and phases of integration. That or you could use cloud services from AWS, Google, or Azure and get everything you need up in running in a couple of weeks. But you won't have customized hardware you own. And your data will be out on the web meaning you have to rely on their security (pluses and minuses there) You'd be renting someone else's hardware who did the heavy lifting of setup for you.

If you need this kind of horse power, your developers should know this already.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019
If you really are being serious: I think you should contact engineering/science department of a university heavily involved in basic research. Ask around for one of their research instrumentation engineers. They live in the world of arcane, rare and one-of-a-kind designs and fabrication projects. If any body could help you get started, it would be they.
I am serious and thank you kindly for the reference and help.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Building it isn't your biggest hurdle. Cooling is. While the math and engineering might physically support such a venture, the inside of that polygon will be nothing but a huge water block using a car radiator and hose to supply the necessary volume for wattage displacement, and even that may not be enough. You are looking at 5000w+ by necessity. Physical limitations are going to be primary concerns.

sla70r

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
As others stated, i would contact a local university and work with them.

To be quite honest, my first thoughts after reading your post where about schizophrenia. I am not trying to be rude or mean, but i have a friend who has schizophrenia and when he is off meds, these are the ideas he comes up with...it's part of his condition (Grandiose visions). If you have a history of mental illness, I would maybe touch base with your doctor before advancing on anything. If not, just ignore my message and I apologize.

Reactions: digitalgriffin
I'd be curious about how putting six motherboards on a cubic support structure is supposed to confer extradimentional properties to them.

Me too. The limits concept for negative and forward time is vague.

The limits of any computer circuit are:
  • heat,
  • Number of transistors/feature size&leakage
  • silicon speed limitations,
  • interface limitations (wires/circuit board), (Somewhat mitigated by EMIB/Interposers/stacking)
  • and resource limitation (somewhat circumvented by OOE and branch prediction)
Everything else is a function of software managing the executing code. If it parallels well or not is determined of the independence of the task for which there are countless PhD papers and publications starting with Knuth and Turing.

NP Complete - Convolution solutions (ie: Key cracking) fall in the realm of quantum computing. Not i9's unless he's found a short cut way of evaluating/simulating quantum states and eliminating negative outcome ones. Even if that's the case, ordinary blade servers will be able to accomplish said task.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019
Building it isn't your biggest hurdle. Cooling is. While the math and engineering might physically support such a venture, the inside of that polygon will be nothing but a huge water block using a car radiator and hose to supply the necessary volume for wattage displacement, and even that may not be enough. You are looking at 5000w+ by necessity. Physical limitations are going to be primary concerns.

Imagine I had asked you to free-handedly draw as close to a perfect line as you possibly could across a sheet of paper. You wouldn't have to worry about it being perfect since drawing a straight line, no matter the tool or medium, is impossible to do. Yet for the sakes of achieving an understanding please play along. So, let's say you got a pencil or pen and did just that. You drew a line as straight as you could across the paper. For you, it would most likely be just a straight line that you drew as straight as you could on the paper. Though I would argue and convincingly present why it is impossible to draw a straight line on any paper no matter what pencil or pen is used: even if not done free-handedly and a Ruler is used to help guide the pencil/pen. And the reason why all comes down to magnetism. Think of magnetism as being small particles carrying, hosting, or creating a specific type of charge. The larger the particle the greater the density of the object in which it becomes attached (slower electron movement); The smaller the particle the lesser the density of the object in which it becomes attached(faster electron movement). It is impossible to measure how many electrons were used to draw that line across the page. There are multiple reasons why. Yet the main reason is the unknown variables of the surface resolve-of-texture/material. We do not know the magnetic charge of the paper or the pencil lead or ink of the pen. Let's stop there because we have just left the arena of 'mainstream textbook science'. Still, I ask you to play along in following me here. For the majority, (all those who hail at every given chance as to what common sense is or isn't), they will readily agree that all things are not magnetic. And here is where I tell them that all things actually are magnetic. It's just that the definition magnetism needs to be re-defined, or rather understood under different etymological origins/properties. If I were to tell that same group of people that each and every particle (electron) has a Positive Coaxial-spin of .19602 Joules that emits an electromagnetic charge of .4427414595449584 in a Negative coaxial spin of force/magnetic field... they would not know any different because what is common sense to the majority must retain a superficiality to it in order for it to maintain being the belief of the majority. Yet those who are educated beyond the status-quo of what is accepted as common sense will well understand that the word and meaning of "Joules" are not used in relationship to describing any magnetic events regarding an electron.

What then, denotes a straight line? And what evidence do we have for maintaining any belief that it is or is not a straight line? ..let alone what conditions must be present in order for a straight line to occur involving a pencil/pen and paper. For the majority, this is a simply stupid subject making for an even stupider argument. Now for all tense and purposes, we could argue that the line we drew upon the paper was a semi-straight line admitting to ourselves that it's not as straight as it could have been. However, if we use a ruler there is no argument we can emphatically say, and with conviction, its straight now!! Yet I will maintain, against the status-quo of the majority that it is not straight. I would begin to explain that we can take a magnifying glass and even a high powered microscope and see that the graphite/ink is not a continuous line: it will, in fact, be jagged and contain varying spaces along with it, all within the seeming continuity of what we remembered to be one continuous motion, of drawing that near-perfect line.

All this to say that even though I will tell you that all things are magnetic, the word magnetism may have a different meaning, than what its common-place meaning is: when we think of magnets or something that is magnetic. All things have a magnetic field of some sort, type, size, of varying properties. Yet not all things contain or emit an "Electromagnetic-field". Rhetorical Question: Have you ever stopped to ask yourself what it is exactly (within [or attached to] the CPU) that is causing the heat, which in turn requires the heatsink to be needed with a fan attached thereto, to cool it? What is it that is heating up and why? And why with how great our technology is, has not one awesome Computer manufacturer yet addressed this major issue? And the reason why is they either simply do not know-how or those that do know how are prevented from implementing it. [After all, an overheating CPU leads to higher utility bills, and there's a guaranteed market for heatsinks and fans, or else they would never have been marketed and sold: etc. etc.] The Computer I am desiring to build would not have any need for any heatsinks, fans or liquid cooling due to the electrical currents managed properly. Any Computer built that requires heatsinks, fans, or any other cooling contraption/mechanism may indeed be effective when it comes to working. Yet, I will contest that we have been taught that a CPU "heating up" and "overheating" is not only normal, it is to be expected: hence the need for heatsinks and fans or some other cooling apparatus to be used. yet I am going to tell you that if it is getting hot or overheating requiring a heatsink, fan, or some other cooling apparatus then I assure you, it was made improperly. Mine would have no need of any of these.

Sep 12, 2019
I'd be curious about how putting six motherboards on a cubic support structure is supposed to confer extradimentional properties to them.

My Apologies if it was my communication that gave you that impression. Instead what I was referencing was one motherboard and 6 CPUs attached to what you referred to as a "cubic support structure". And the extra-dimensional properties comes in to play through the use of Vortice mathematics and how each CPU connects to one another as well as to the sub-structural platforms made out of Zirconium and two other ingredients coiled around one another according to Vortice-based mathematical formulas; as well as changing the whole polarity and charge thereof of the electrical current before it leaves the PSU.

TRENDING THREADS