Where to put rear speakers for a 5.1 surround setup?

A few months ago, I got a 5.1-channel headset, mainly for Skyrim, figuring I didn't have good places to put the rear speakers. After a while, I realized the headset was squeezing my head a little too much, so I stopped using it. Now I'm wondering whether I was right about not having places to put the rear speakers.

This is my current room layout:
BedroomFurnitureArrangement_zps5e0f7a1b.png

Dimensions:
Room: 11 feet by 13 feet, give or take an inch.
Window: 70" wide, centered in the short wall opposite the doors, the sill is 24.5" from the floor.
Doors: 39" wide including the frames
Between doors: 28.75"
From closet door to nearest perpendicular wall: 24.375"
Dresser: 36"x17"
Bed: 84"x42" (including bookcase headboard)
Computer Desk - 74"x74"; outer pieces of L-shaped desk are 35.5"x23.5", center piece has a 38" radius 90-degree outer arc and a 20" inner line
File Cabinet - 28"x15"
I won't bother listing the easily movable items like chairs and laundry baskets, but I have single-track wall shelving along both side walls.

My computer screen is in the corner of the L-shaped desk, I keep the keyboard on top of the desk (not on a keyboard shelf below), and my case is on top of the desk to the right. I have a 20" box fan pointed to blow out the window on the left side of the desk, though it's actually a little higher than I can keep the window open.

I'm willing to rearrange my furniture or even replace my L-shaped desk with up to about $200 worth of furniture (not right away, first I want to make sure it would actually help), but I don't want audio cables running across the floor (unless along a wall) or over doors, I want to still have my 20" box fan ready to blow out the window (though a somewhat shorter table would work better, since the sill is at 24.5" high), and I want it to be possible for two people to sit back a bit from the screen to watch a DVD (though I'm willing to consider a setup that involves swiveling the screen to do that).

Can somebody figure out a way for me to have places to put rear speakers of a 5.1 surround setup for my computer, or do my other requirements conflict too much?

Solution
Rear speakers, given the current config:

1 over the dresser, and one on the short wall next to the closet. They may be a *little* bit too close together, but you'll just have to see how it sounds.
Please clarify where you mean by "on the short wall next to the closet" - there are two short sections of wall next to the closet, and one of them would require running audio cables over/across one of the doors, which I was hoping to avoid.

USAFRet

Titan

I meant the short wall to the left of the closet in your pic.
Yes...wires...:( Be creative, and you can hide them.

But those positions seem to be mostly equidistant from your main seating location.

Other possibilities:
1 above the window on the left wall, and one over the bed.

You mean the window to the left of my computer? The top of the window is 8 feet from the floor (the ceiling is 9 feet), and wouldn't that make it more of a side speaker than a rear speaker? and wouldn't both those positions be on my left as I'm sitting at the computer?

USAFRet

Titan

The Window to the right of the file cabinet (standing in front of the file cabinet).

Uh, that's not a window. That's the door.

For my current layout, I liked your first idea better, though I tried adding some circular arcs concentric to the corner behind my desk, and I think above the head of my bed (which is against the dresser) would be a little better than above the dresser for matching the distance of one on the wall between the two doors:
BedroomFurnitureWithCircles_zps5408e756.png

However, that's before considering the possibility of rearranged and/or new furniture. The simplest idea for that I've come up with is http://www.amazon.com/Flash-Furniture-RB-3072-GRY-A-GG-Adjustable-Rectangular/dp/B007N13YOI along the wall next to the file cabinet for the computer, a cheap 24-inch-height table/stand/etc to put the fan on (at the moment, I'm having some trouble finding one; the closest I've seen is http://www.amazon.com/Ikea-White-Lack-Side-Table/dp/B005ESACU6 ), then I can just run the rear speaker cables along the floor below the window and put the speakers on the shelves above my bed.