Question Where to sell?

matt20020

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
Hi been trying to dip my toes in the Ebay market current build put at £420, now I've noticed that there are people selling as little as £375, but I've also noticed that the PSU's/Graphics cards are questionable as they seem to keep the brand quiet. I've also seen what seems to be fake 1050ti's in the market out there for as little as £37 new. I've also noticed that they even sometimes use stock coolers in a gaming PC WTF???

My question is how do I get my ok PC sold in a market where people use the cheapest parts and the buyers just look at the price tags??, If I'm honest I would have preferred to spend more on the PSU but had to get a budget one in order to compete!

New Parts

1 x EVGA 500W 80 Plus, single rail Power Supply
1 x Toshiba 7200rpm 1Tb Hardrive (Fresh copy of windows 10 Pro)
1 x Cooler Master High Performance CPU cooler (fitted with high quality Coolant Paste)
1 x Case with side window
1 x Lite On DVD/CD RW
1 x Air Intake and exhaust fans 120mm (Front & back)

Used Parts

1 x Intel I5 3470 3.2Ghz (Turbo 3.6Ghz)
1 x MSI h61m-p31 (g3) Motherboard (includes Ethernet connection on rear)
2 x Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600MHz (Fitted with memory coolers for added stability)
1 x Evga GEFORCE GTX 1050TI DDR5 4Gb (Superclocked)

Cheers for any responses/advise

Last edited:
Hi been trying to dip my toes in the Ebay market current build put at £420, now I've noticed that there are people selling as little as £375, but I've also noticed that the PSU's/Graphics cards are questionable as they seem to keep the brand quiet. I've also seen what seems to be fake 1050ti's in the market out there for as little as £37 new. I've also noticed that they even sometimes use stock coolers in a gaming PC WTF???

My question is how do I get my ok PC sold in a market where people use the cheapest parts and the buyers just look at the price tags??, If I'm honest I would have preferred to spend more on the PSU but had to get a budget one in order to compete!

New Parts

1 x EVGA 500W 80 Plus, single rail Power Supply
1 x Toshiba 7200rpm 1Tb Hardrive (Fresh copy of windows 10 Pro)
1 x Cooler Master High Performance CPU cooler (fitted with high quality Coolant Paste)
1 x Case with side window
1 x Lite On DVD/CD RW
1 x Air Intake and exhaust fans 120mm (Front & back)

Used Parts

1 x Intel I5 3470 3.2Ghz (Turbo 3.6Ghz)
1 x MSI h61m-p31 (g3) Motherboard (includes Ethernet connection on rear)
2 x Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600MHz (Fitted with memory coolers for added stability)
1 x Evga GEFORCE GTX 1050TI DDR5 4Gb (Superclocked)

Cheers for any responses/advise

Firstly, looks like a solid build- and good to know you've done it properly. With regard to stock cooler- keep in mind it depends which stock cooler you are talking about? The latest AMD Wraith coolers supplied with most Ryzen chips are actually pretty decent, featuring a fan with a good quality bearing and copper base plate / cooling pipes (depending on specific model) so might not be as bad as it sounds. The big issue I usually have with most pre built machines is truly terrible oem power supplies....

Now to your main question on how to make it stand out- a good friend of mine does loads of ebay selling and the first rule (according to them at least) is good photos. So many listings on ebay have very poor photos, set the machine up on a nice clean background with good lighting and take plenty of shots, including internals. People will pay a bit more if your advert gives them confidence in what they are purchasing.

The other thing is to make sure to include as much info as possible in the description, and maybe include in there a little bit of info about yourself (e.g. lots of experience building machines, always use good quality components that will stand up to heavy use and so on).

Reactions: matt20020

matt20020

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
I mean to be fair I've been building pc's for over 10 years just as a hobby and generally just for myself, but when I did my btec in electronic & computer engineering also did a City & Guilds in computer maintenance not sure if thats worth putting on or whether it might be over the top??

I mean to be fair I've been building pc's for over 10 years just as a hobby and generally just for myself, but when I did my btec in electronic & computer engineering also did a City & Guilds in computer maintenance not sure if thats worth putting on or whether it might be over the top??

Well I've just had a look, your advert looks good imo, I guess it's just down to who's about.

matt20020

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
Cheers mate, Im just going to leave it and hope for the best I'd rather not sell something ok than sell something that has bad stuff in. tbh I'd rather sell something better than that but people won't even look at it then!