Question Where will my build bottleneck?

Jun 6, 2020
Hello,
I recently built my first Gaming PC. It is a vast improvement over my 5 year old non-gaming laptop, and it is working great for me so far, but I intend to gradually upgrade, and was curious what parts would make sense to upgrade first. So hear is what I have:

Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
Gigabyte B450M DS3H Motherboard
Nvidia GTX 1060 (vram 6GB)
2x8 DDR4 RAM (2666 mhz)
1 TB HDD

I didn't list my PSU because I can't remember what it is off the top of my head, though I remember it's 600w.

Also, I have a cheap monitor that only offers 1080P resolution.

I am happy with 1080P.

With these stats, would it make more sense to increase the amount of RAM, or just upgrade to a better speed of RAM? Is it worth trying to overclock my CPU (I know my motherboard only supports moderate overclocking anyway)? Just trying to understand what my upgrade roadmap should look like. Thanks in advance!

D

Deleted member 2720853

I would upgrade the GPU and RAM to a speed of at least 3200 MHz CL16, avoid Corsair LPX RAM, everything else looks fine.

The GPU is very weak for that processor.

Reactions: scfulton
Jun 6, 2020
I would upgrade the GPU and RAM to a speed of at least 3200 MHz CL16, avoid Corsair LPX RAM, everything else looks fine.

The GPU is very weak for that processor.
Yes, I did go cheap on the GPU because of budget constraints. It's definitely on my upgrade list, just wasn't sure if RAM or GPU was more important. Thanks!

Jun 6, 2020
600W is the wattage, that is not the only thing that matters when having it in your build. We will need the make and model of the unit as well as the age of the unit.
It's AeroCool Superb 600W. I live in Thailand, not sure of this brand is available in Europe/America. It's cheap, but it did come with a 3 year warranty. Honestly, it will probably be the very first thing I upgrade because it makes me a little nervous...

Jun 6, 2020
It's AeroCool Superb 600W. I live in Thailand, not sure of this brand is available in Europe/America. It's cheap, but it did come with a 3 year warranty. Honestly, it will probably be the very first thing I upgrade because it makes me a little nervous...
and it's brand new (I only completed my build one week ago.