Wheres the 6800??

edecho1

Distinguished
May 24, 2004
After all the pomp and circumstance of the new Nvida 6800, and after all the reviews, where the hell is the card? At the Nvidia website on april 15th, nvidia claimed the card would be available in 45 days, meaning before the end of may. It seems that ATI is already ahead of nvidia, I went to Worst (Best) Buy, and they already have the pre-order boxes avail for purchase with no nvidia licensee cards avail at all!! After having said all this, first let me say that I started with a voodoo2 card in 1997 and obviously switched over to nvidia as they swallowed up 3dfx. As a loyal buyer of nvidia products I expect to be treated better that what nvidia has done. Go to the nvidia website and they dont even mention when the card will be available! Let me further state that no matter what ATI claims they can do, I will never buy a card from a canadian company period. But you would think nvidia would get off their ass and get out there. Hell I went to www.pricewatch.com and they have vendors already selling the x800!! WAKE UP NVIDIA, you may have been the first to beat ati to the market with your publicity, but ati has beaten you to the bank!

Ay loyal nvidia buyer to the end.

etp777

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2004
The joys of a paper launch. Happy to say tha tmy favorite graphics card company is actually shipping the cards they promised people, rather than just teasing them with reference models and not allowing anyone bo buy anything. ;)

entium

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
Its on its way. Just about to reviece mine from Nvidia very soon. Ordered about a month ago. But I just talked to my devrel guy, he said that the full lunch will be in the next 2 weeks. It takes Nvidia longer cause they are a chip maker and they have to supply the board makers with chips, then the board makers make thier boards lol.

Its on its way.
So's the End of the World, better start my party planning now I guess.

Just about to reviece mine from Nvidia very soon.
Sure you are, and my copy of D3/HL2 is on it's way in the same shipment I guess. Should I start my defrag now?

Ordered about a month ago.
Hmm, guess you just couldn't wait for the ATI you said you were going to get, oh wait yeah, that's right the ATI didn't release for another 3 weeks. Handy!

But I just talked to my devrel guy,
Never trust a guy from Devry, dude! OR was that a Developer Relations guy from nV? Yeah they're even more trustworthy :roll eyes:, yeah and the cheque's in the mail too.

he said that the full lunch will be in the next 2 weeks.
Yep, they're having BBQ, Corn, Salad and a Gellato machine for the 'Full Lunch'. Musta really liked you to share that kind of information, or else they expect it to be a very big afair.

It takes Nvidia longer cause they are a chip maker and they have to supply the board makers with chips
Now this makes me think you were actually talking to someone from Devry, because no one from nV could get things THAT screwed up, or at least I didn't think so. nV doesn't even 'build' their own boards, let alone their own chips. Guess they're so busy not packaging a BuiltByNV card that they couldn't get anything to the people actually making the cards. Maybe it's that big Lunch they're planning. I wonder what IBM and TSMC are going to do with all those NV40 chips since nV's making all their own. Perhaps they could sell them to XGI. :lol:

then the board makers make thier boards lol.
Yeah that is funny since they don't have their own boards for boardmakers to make. Guess ATI uses magic, because somehow their boardmakers got theirs made, and even shipped already. Must be something in that 'dangerous low-k' process that's just faster to build and ship too.

Well, better go start planning that party. Maybe I'll play some REM, "It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine..." :cool:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
mmmm paper .... *drools*

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy+119% Money Fanboy
GeForce 6800 Ultra--> The Way we thought FX 5800Ultra is meant to be played
THGC's resident Asian and nVboy :D

Hell I went to www.pricewatch.com and they have vendors already selling the x800!!
Hell <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=399722#399722" target="_new">SOME PEOPLE</A>, in the UK no less :lol: , already have their X800s! Forget just having them to ship, they're already sold and installed and enjoyed!

Let me further state that no matter what ATI claims they can do, I will never buy a card from a canadian company period.
Your loss Jingo-boy! :tongue:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

entium

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
Grape are you and idiot or something? I own a game company and partners with both Nvidia and ATI, I could have gotten thier prelease cards long ago. STFU and stop talking about [-peep-] you don't know or don't want to know.

The kid asked a legit question. I'm giving him a legit answer.

BTW go to alienware you can buy the 6800 right now and it will be shipped to in about a week. But you will have to pay a preimium.

Nvidia does make its own boards but only for Developers.

ATI makes thier own boards but for general public too. BTW this time around developers won't get the x800 before the general public.

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
It is <A HREF="http://www.adosystems.net/msi6800.html" target="_new">here</A>

<font color=green>"The creative powers of English morphology are pathetic compared to what we find in other languages." (Steven Pinker, The Language Instinct)</font color=green> :cool:

entium

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
Exactly, its been there for the last week or so. If you go to a system builder today they will have the 6800 because those are from Nvidia. Nvidia's board partners have to make thier own boards! ATI doesn't do that as much as Nvidia yet.

Get your facts straights and ya might see the light. Can't believe some of the people here.

Its like they want to post becuase they have something to prove but can't because they only have half the facts the other half is problem up thier ass LOL.

Didn't want this to turn out to an all out war but Grape ya started it hehe.

I did enjoy the show but next time be a bit more civil.

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
Get your facts straights and ya might see the light. Can't believe some of the people here.
Are you talking about the link I posted? If not, next time please click the "reply" button on the post you are replying to and quote some of it so that people know who your remarks are addressed to.

<font color=green>"The creative powers of English morphology are pathetic compared to what we find in other languages." (Steven Pinker, The Language Instinct)</font color=green> :cool:

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
hehehe :smile:

entium

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
BTW if ya wanted to buy a full system from Alienware you could have gotten the 6800 the 1st day of deployment. One of my empolyees did just that.

entium

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
Ok how bout Voodoo? or Cyberpower, or Falcon? Which would you like to prefer.

The fact is system builders get first crack at Nvidia's new cards. Maximizes profits for Nvidia's higher end cards I guess thats what they are thinking.

Not agreeing with them that this is a good marketing ploy, but also the fact is when someone is going to spend 500 bucks on a new card a new system isn't a bad idea.

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
I will never buy a card from a canadian company period.
Another one that thinks the world turn around the USA! Wake up man! The World is big!

By the way, you will probably not buy future Intel processors, they were designed in India. And you will probably never buy Chrsyler products, they are now part of the "Daimler" family, they are German. Same thing for AMD, they make their core in Germany... And you will never buy Sony products too... And all the stuff you are that are made in China, Taiwan, Malaysia, etc... Trash them all and buy American!

--
Lookin' to fill that <font color=blue>GOD</font color=blue> shape hole!

STFU and stop talking about [-peep-] you don't know or don't want to know.
Seriously dude, perhaps you should STFU DumbA$$, You own a game company, eh?!? which 'game' do you produce, must be a flash based piece of crap because your knowledge is below even the functionaries at EA. Your lack of knowledge about any facet of nV's manufacturing means you should keep your imagined nV Fab plant to yourself.

I'm giving him a legit answer.
No you aren't you're giving him Bull$h1t which I pointed out quite clearly.

BTW go to alienware you can buy the 6800 right now and it will be shipped to in about a week.
Sure it will be, and buy HL2 in September and you'd receive it shortly too. Alienware may be taking orders, but the 'about a week' is probably highly dependant on when they actually get them. Hmm surprisingly enough today on TechTV they said that their Alienware rig was one of 3 Alien has in the world. Man gotta be a common part if they can only ship 3. Guess they only expect about 1-2 people a week willing to fork over the $5000, so you're probably right, maybe you could get one of their rare rigs.

Now on to your BS;

Nvidia does make its own boards but only for Developers.
No they don't not even for developers, the only boards they have a hand in are early engineering samples and even those are made for them. I too have friends in the gaming industry and the boards they get a re still powered by nV and made by the like of PNY despite the fact that they get them early.

ATI makes thier own boards but for general public too.
No they don't. They outsource their production as well, but they have people like Sapphire make th boards for them and slap the BBA on them.

Learn the difference between designing and fabing, before you start writing.

BTW this time around developers won't get the x800 before the general public.
Well maybe not your dog and pony show operation, but those at EA already have the X800 series AND the GF6800, so obviously you just aren't well connected, or worth taking seriously.

Exactly, its been there for the last week or so.
Yeah it's a website proclaiming to have them, wow and they must ship same day right, despite the fact that no one actually has them in their hands. They are just now showing up in Asia. There was a site selling the X800 before it launched, wonder if they would've been able to get it to you in the 'usually ships in 2-3 days', yeah don't think so. Guess what, ATI has had them on their site since day one. Why? Because of their 'no paper launch' policy.

Nvidia's board partners have to make thier own boards! ATI doesn't do that as much as Nvidia yet.
More BS proving yet again you don't know what you're talking about. ATI does more if anything, because they do have a retail end, regardless of who builds the boards. You obviously couldn't tell me the difference between Retail, OEM-Partner and a Reseller if it was written out for you, which it has been.

Ok how bout Voodoo?
What about Voodoo, you telling me they were able to ship first day of nV's release? Yeah BS, and I KNOW that for Fact! They're in town here, and I know from checking with them that what you're saying is completely untrue!

Proof-read your crap, it's bad enough you wouldn't know a fact if it fell in your lap, but your language skillz simply compound your BS. Not only do you not know what you're talking about you muddle it further with your poor language skills. Maybe that too has something to do with Devry.

Didn't want this to turn out to an all out war but Grape ya started it hehe.
All out WAR? You've just had a first engagement, all out war is a totally different thing which we didn't even have with Kinney. Trust me you'd know and you'd lose.

I did enjoy the show but next time be a bit more civil.
I don't care about 'the show', I do care about DumbA$$ BS like yours, Next time do some research and actually know your facts instead of sitting there on your brains with your thumb up your butt spewing like it's golden.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hah, you refuse to buy a Canadian graphics card, yet you'd gladly drive a Japanese car!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
My bad. MY B.I.G. B.A.D. I admit and I repent! But, LOL, . . . Yes, EYE myself ten minutes ago suggested no further exchange between myself and Ape (and the like) but I could not help <font color=red>THIS</font color=red> one. What have you been smoking lately, Ape? Sex life not working out for you or what? If it's not sex, hey, I REALLY want some of that stuff you smoke, drink, whatever. I've been on these boards since 03/06/02 and once in a while I quit for several months at a time because of all the nonsense that goes on. Can't people be grown-up, civil and helpful to each other instead of flaming each other and (re)affirming their e-penis? No, really. WTF is this all about?

Hmm. GW has shown his true colors more than once. I suppose it is your turn now, Ape? Eh? (pun IS intended). [Dammit, I wish I knew how they spell "Eh" in "Canadian". ROFL] Looks like I will be taking another long break soon. Rejoice everybody! LOL. Pathetic creatures. (Well, the last one does <font color=red>NOT</font color=red> apply to everybody :lol: .)

Nah, on second thought, I will hang in here, observing from afar for another week, just to laugh at some pathetic, distorted, weak and small-minded, unfounded, egotistic comebacks. Nothing like watching the desperate souls in pointless, self-inflicted agony . . .

<font color=green>"The creative powers of English morphology are pathetic compared to what we find in other languages." (Steven Pinker, The Language Instinct)</font color=green> :cool: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Slava on 05/25/04 03:30 AM.</EM></FONT></P>