Question Where's the OEM_DM key is actually stored?

Jun 9, 2023
Some say that this activation method is by HWID and it's stored on microsoft servers, others that is on the MSDN BIOS table, but if it's on microsoft servers how am I able to see the serial key in my computer before I connect to the internet?
I'm wondering if I reflash my bios (using a CH341A) if it will erase my OEM key, has anyone here flashed a bios in a OEM activated pc?

Commands I used to check the keys/activation method
slmgr /dli
wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

Jun 9, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You could use this guide to see what your serial key to the platform is. Out of curiosity, why do you need to flash the BIOS using a CH341A Programmer?
I know the pc serial key, but I want to know if I flash the bios if it will lose the serial key, or if it's stored somewhere else, I need to downgrade a few pc's bios (downgrade by the bios flash isn't working), so I will use the CH341A programmer
I have done this before, but not with a OEM_DM activated pc

but if it's on microsoft servers how am I able to see the serial key in my computer before I connect to the internet?
If you activated once the PC (windows) will have it stored and won't need to look it up again on the server.
Other than that there are many ways for this to work and I think both methods you mentioned do get used.
Certain devices just get activated by MS because the OEM payed for that device to be activated.
Some devices have a mass volume key that is the same for all devices, and some might have a personal unique serial in their bios.

Flashing the bios with a programmer should not be any different than flashing it the normal way, you are still writing the same file to the same spot.

If the PCs support blind flashing you can flash them without the programmer with an older bios.