[SOLVED] Which 144/165hz monitor should i go for gaming?

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
Iam playing both competetive and casual AAA games and i cant decide between these three Dell S2421HGF , ASUS VG279 ,MSI Optix MAG240CR

They are all around the same price, dell one being the cheapest, msi in the middle, and asus the most expensive one.
Asus one is an ips monitor, while dell is a tn with gsync and Msi is a va monitor however with 165hz.
Which one is a better option for gaming and should i pay more for ips, lil less for gsync or inbetween price for 165hz?

Specs: i7-2600 3.4ghz Gtx 1060 6gb 16gb ram
Ive never tried 144hz before, so thats currently what iam aiming to get, even tho my specs aren't top tier, iam able to handle most of the comp games with 144+fps.

Last edited:
Solution
IPS panels are designed for better colors than TN panels,but that doesnt mean TN is bad.After all the TN monitor has gsync and 1 ms response time,which is much more important the colors.So yeah you can go with the TN gsync one

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
you wont fell the difference between 144hz and 165hz,so i would skip the msi one.I prefer display quality over a bit of hz.I like IPS panel's the most so i would go for the Asus one.
So you think ips is better to have than gsync for gaming? Some also say tn is the best for gaming is that true? Thanks.

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
i mean you said that you are playing competitive games,so you wont be using Gsync there.But you also said you are gonna play AAA games so Gsync is nice in there.Your choice
If colors on tn wont be much worse then i'll go for that one just because of the ms and gsync, but if the difference is big then i'd rather buy Asus. Thats how i feel about it.

IPS panels are designed for better colors than TN panels,but that doesnt mean TN is bad.After all the TN monitor has gsync and 1 ms response time,which is much more important the colors.So yeah you can go with the TN gsync one

Solution