Question Which 1440p

robw76

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2014
Hey community, I am down to 2 choices on a new 1440p monitor. It's being teamed up with a 3070.

I have researched as much as I can now and both my choices are good for gaming.

However, I cannot differentiate between the two on daily / normal usage either.

I am really stuck between the two below and I can get them for almost the same price.

Acer Nitro XV272U KV
MSI mag274qrf-qd

The Acer scores higher on rtings.com with the MSI the winner at hardware unboxed

Any advice?

They are both pretty similar in capability. If it were me though I would go with the MSI because it got a slightly higher rating from Tomshardware and DisplayNinja and it performs better at 60hz. I use a 165hz monitor, but I still do a lot of gaming at 60hz.

robw76

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2014
They are both pretty similar in capability. If it were me though I would go with the MSI because it got a slightly higher rating from Tomshardware and DisplayNinja and it performs better at 60hz. I use a 165hz monitor, but I still do a lot of gaming at 60hz.

I was veering toward the MSI, but was a little concerned about a few comments about oversaturation. The Acer had better out of the box calibration. Though as long as I can calibrate the MSI I guess that would not make much of a difference. Though I don't have a colour meter to properly do it.

I was veering toward the MSI, but was a little concerned about a few comments about oversaturation. The Acer had better out of the box calibration. Though as long as I can calibrate the MSI I guess that would not make much of a difference. Though I don't have a colour meter to properly do it.
I read about that, though Tomshardware said 'Huge color gamut', 'Excellent out-of-box accuracy'. Personally I like very vivid colours so even if it was a little over saturated it wouldn't bother me. I don't think you can go wrong with either, both are very nice displays.