Question Which 1440p

robw76

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2014
Hey community, I am down to 2 choices on a new 1440p monitor. It's being teamed up with a 3070.

I have researched as much as I can now and both my choices are good for gaming.

However, I cannot differentiate between the two on daily / normal usage either.

I am really stuck between the two below and I can get them for almost the same price.

Acer Nitro XV272U KV
MSI mag274qrf-qd

The Acer scores higher on rtings.com with the MSI the winner at hardware unboxed

Any advice?

Nighthawk117

Commendable
Sep 27, 2021
They are both pretty similar in capability. If it were me though I would go with the MSI because it got a slightly higher rating from Tomshardware and DisplayNinja and it performs better at 60hz. I use a 165hz monitor, but I still do a lot of gaming at 60hz.

robw76

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2014
They are both pretty similar in capability. If it were me though I would go with the MSI because it got a slightly higher rating from Tomshardware and DisplayNinja and it performs better at 60hz. I use a 165hz monitor, but I still do a lot of gaming at 60hz.
I was veering toward the MSI, but was a little concerned about a few comments about oversaturation. The Acer had better out of the box calibration. Though as long as I can calibrate the MSI I guess that would not make much of a difference. Though I don't have a colour meter to properly do it.

Nighthawk117

Commendable
Sep 27, 2021
I was veering toward the MSI, but was a little concerned about a few comments about oversaturation. The Acer had better out of the box calibration. Though as long as I can calibrate the MSI I guess that would not make much of a difference. Though I don't have a colour meter to properly do it.
I read about that, though Tomshardware said 'Huge color gamut', 'Excellent out-of-box accuracy'. Personally I like very vivid colours so even if it was a little over saturated it wouldn't bother me. I don't think you can go wrong with either, both are very nice displays.

ASK THE COMMUNITY