[SOLVED] Which 144hz monitor should i get for gaming?

Sep 27, 2019
Hello, im looking to switch out my 60hz monitor for 144 hz. Budget is around 200-250 EUR. So my question is, which monitor should i buy or you recommend? Im mainly playing Battle royale games like PUBG, Apex Legends, Fortnite and so on. Do you guys recommend AOC or BENQ? Is AOC G2590PX good with Nvidia GTX 1050TI? Thats the video card im using. Or should i even get BENQ Zowie XL2411P?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
AOC C24G1 or MSI Optix MAG241C both are 144Hz with curved panel (well at 1080 24inch you wont notice that much but its a plus) , with VA panel that have better colors than TN , 1ms response time. I have the MSI Optix and the freesync works fine with Nvidia GPU. I dont know your price's in your country but i can find them for 195 and 225€ each.
AOC C24G1 or MSI Optix MAG241C both are 144Hz with curved panel (well at 1080 24inch you wont notice that much but its a plus) , with VA panel that have better colors than TN , 1ms response time. I have the MSI Optix and the freesync works fine with Nvidia GPU. I dont know your price's in your country but i can find them for 195 and 225€ each.

Solution
Sep 27, 2019
Okay, thanks. Many people say that TN panel is better for competitive. Is it true?

Okay, thanks. Many people say that TN panel is better for competitive. Is it true?
So far i had used like 5 monitors and the last one is a VA (the MSI i mentioned above) and all the others TN. I believe this was mostly said because before it was easy for a TN panel to reach 1ms response time rather the VA , IPS could not and the response time counts for competitive games. Nowaday there are even IPS panels with 1ms response time. I mostly play competitive games too i cant see the difference in games with the VA and the TN i had before but i can see the difference in colors and thats why i wouldnt buy a TN again. With VA you also have better viewing angle.

Reactions: AlexVRP
Sep 27, 2019
So far i had used like 5 monitors and the last one is a VA (the MSI i mentioned above) and all the others TN. I believe this was mostly said because before it was easy for a TN panel to reach 1ms response time rather the VA , IPS could not and the response time counts for competitive games. Nowaday there are even IPS panels with 1ms response time. I mostly play competitive games too i cant see the difference in games with the VA and the TN i had before but i can see the difference in colors and thats why i wouldnt buy a TN again. With VA you also have better viewing angle.
Alright, i will note that. Also one more question - Will there be any difference between curved and flat monitor on FPS games? Right now im using some samsung flat monitor, im not sure how curved monitor feels like, especially on FPS games and how does it affect aiming.

Alright, i will note that. Also one more question - Will there be any difference between curved and flat monitor on FPS games? Right now im using some samsung flat monitor, im not sure how curved monitor feels like, especially on FPS games and how does it affect aiming.
At 24inch monitor you will barely feel that the monitor is curved. Especially in games that you look at the center of the screen directly there is not difference with this kind of monitor. I mostly notice a bit doing other tasks or looking from another angle. Its also only 1500R and not 1800R curved. To notice the curved as i know you need a big screen maybe a wide monitor.

Reactions: AlexVRP