Which 144hz To Buy? Asus VG248QE or HP Omen 25

kinetickonvict

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018
Hello All,

I was looking to expand/upgrade my set up.

I currently own two BenQs and I am looking to upgrade to 144hz but would like them all to match. My OCD is kicking in having different monitors ahhhh.

I wanted to ask the community what you all recommended?

Asus VG248QE or HP Omen 25?

Omen is on sale for 220.00 and can get it even cheaper refurbished. Asus has been about the same price for ever, around 250-260-ish, although I did just purchase a refurb of this for $185 on eBay.

I could careless about the 3D. 3D is dead.

Which has a better picture and color scheme? Like more vibrant colors? HP Omen 25 or the Asus VG248QE? I have been testing the Asus VG248QE for a couple days now and it just seems that the coloring is a bit faded looking.

I have storm trooper wallpaper and the storm trooper isnt even white... Its more like a faded white beige-ish.

Thank you so much for your input! I look forward to seeing your responses!

Solution
Out of the two you linked to, the Asus has a much nicer stand, featuring tilt, swivel, height and pivot adjustments, along with VESA mounts in case you ever wanted to attach a third-party stand or wall mount, so it should allow you to position it more optimally. The HP's stand, on the other hand, only let's you adjust tilt, and doesn't seem to support VESA mounts either.

As for the color, have you gone through the screen's settings and adjusted them? There's most likely different color temperatures, brightness settings and so on that will make the image appear different.

Also, what model were your BenQs? It's possible they could have had VA or IPS panels, which tend to have superior colors, as the previous post pointed out. There...

WildCard999

Titan
I have the VG248QE, it's good but with the coloring it gets better with use, took mine about a week or so for colors to normalize. As for the HP if it's the version that has either the Gsync or Freesync and you have the appropriate GPU then that would be a better choice.

robert.sandru

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018

If you want good colours you need to pick a VA or better an IPS screen.

TN is fast but color accuracy is poor and viewing angles are bad.

VA is somewhere in between in terms of speed, with MUCH better an vibrant colours.

Both of your options are TN screens so colour accuracy is going to be hit and miss (e.g. whites that are not really white).

You can try your luck on tftcentral.co.uk to see if someone has put together a color profile for your monitor - it's not going to be perfect but better than no calibration at all.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm

Out of the two you linked to, the Asus has a much nicer stand, featuring tilt, swivel, height and pivot adjustments, along with VESA mounts in case you ever wanted to attach a third-party stand or wall mount, so it should allow you to position it more optimally. The HP's stand, on the other hand, only let's you adjust tilt, and doesn't seem to support VESA mounts either.

As for the color, have you gone through the screen's settings and adjusted them? There's most likely different color temperatures, brightness settings and so on that will make the image appear different.

Also, what model were your BenQs? It's possible they could have had VA or IPS panels, which tend to have superior colors, as the previous post pointed out. There are some 144 Hz monitors using those kinds of panels in this price range as well, such as this curved VA MSI Optix screen...
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824475006

Solution