[SOLVED] Which 2070 super model?

vinylpusher

Distinguished
May 20, 2012
Hello,

I was about to buy a gigabyte windforce OC 2070 super then read a few issues about drivers, heat and fan spinning.

Which model would be best to go for, stability, may overclock and cooling. ??

I am in the UK and usually buy from overclockers uk or Ebuyer.

Thanks

Solution
This can answer you about the differences:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXsMZ-RR5oU

As you can see there are big differences in fps in most games, smaller in the rest.
Your budget determines which one you get. If you want more fps, you save more and increase your budget ;).

Can you point me to the reviews that are bad? What I searched shows that card as good value

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
Hello,

I was about to buy a gigabyte windforce OC 2070 super then read a few issues about drivers, heat and fan spinning.

Which model would be best to go for, stability, may overclock and cooling. ??

I am in the UK and usually buy from overclockers uk or Ebuyer.

Thanks
Nice card, but if you compare with rtx 2060 super, performance it is not that high.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Avoid single or dual fans, go for the triple fans version of each brand. Those are the best when it comes to cooling. Now for overclockability, almost all can be overclocked but how much, is luck (silicon lottery). There are some brands that have models picked with better silicon to achieve better OC but the differences are minimal and 99% of the time not noticeable.

Just pick one that you like, has 3 fans, with as much warranty as possible and of course the price range you are looking for.

vinylpusher

Distinguished
May 20, 2012
This leads me back to the Gigabyte one, 3 fans and large warranty and @ £500 but I’ve read bad reviews on it.

appreciate what you say about the 2060 super but I decided against a 2080 super due to the 2070 super having similar benchmarks. There must be some reason why to go for a 2070 or 2080 over a 2060?

vinylpusher

Distinguished
May 20, 2012
This can answer you about the differences:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXsMZ-RR5oU

As you can see there are big differences in fps in most games, smaller in the rest.
Your budget determines which one you get. If you want more fps, you save more and increase your budget ;).

Can you point me to the reviews that are bad? What I searched shows that card as good value

there are some on Newegg and reddit, just through searching, but mainly newegg was where I picked up the bad reviews.

doesn’t seem to be much else I could find on the card.

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
there are some on Newegg and reddit, just through searching, but mainly newegg was where I picked up the bad reviews.

doesn’t seem to be much else I could find on the card.
True, but he dont need any of comperation system to know who is better for given money.
My think is dont buy rtx 2070 super, because its not much better then 2060 super. 2060 super is smart desigen.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk