[SOLVED] Which 2080 ti to choose and why?

caseybrunet

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013
Hello all. I am in the market for a 2080 ti and the options are a bit overwhelming. For a while not I have been eyeing up the ROG Strix OC but some of the options I see have a savings of $150 dollars or more. I would really like to know what I am getting when paying for a more expensive card? Performance is key here, I am aiming for the highest output for my VR, but a 1 to 3 frame difference is not a deal breaker..
Are cards like the Zotac Maxx or MSI Ventus really that much different from the Gigabyte Aurus or Strix?

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=424&sort=price&page=1

I wanted to include a cut out image of the link but I am not sure how to do so here...

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Would you elaborate on why? I am having conflicting responses with many of them saying to just get the "cheapest" one..

do you know what is different between these cards, the founders editions, and the black editions?

I don't know for sure so take what i say with a grain of salt, but different brands of cards usually have differences in cooling, you won't lose out on much performance depending on what brand you choose, if you really wanna know the differences take a look at each gpu's page and decide for yourself.

good luck.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.