[SOLVED] Which 2080ti?

masty88

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2013
Hey guys,

I want to purchase a 2080ti but am unsure which one to go for.

It has to be from Amazon UK though as other sellers make me nervous at this price point.

Which manufacturer & why?

Also, what's better, models with dual fans or triple fans?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Solution
It's the same graphics card chip underneath the manufacturers cooling, not really much difference, you could argue some are binned a bit better than others but in reality, as long as you get one that suits your budget, aesthetic, and cooling needs, they're effectively the same.

Manufacturers mostly jump bump on a factory OC then their cooling mechanism on top of it.

I am UK based too and there are plenty of decent competitive sellers, but it's just currently Amazon are taking a slight edge - here's what I would opt for (depending on if it fits in your case and you have a good quality PSU of course):

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card (£1099.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1099.99...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It's the same graphics card chip underneath the manufacturers cooling, not really much difference, you could argue some are binned a bit better than others but in reality, as long as you get one that suits your budget, aesthetic, and cooling needs, they're effectively the same.

Manufacturers mostly jump bump on a factory OC then their cooling mechanism on top of it.

I am UK based too and there are plenty of decent competitive sellers, but it's just currently Amazon are taking a slight edge - here's what I would opt for (depending on if it fits in your case and you have a good quality PSU of course):

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card (£1099.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1099.99

Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB VENTUS OC Video Card (£1149.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1149.99

Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Dual Advanced Video Card (£1179.00 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1179.00

You can always look for AWD, BOX, eBuyer etc.

Reactions: masty88
Solution

masty88

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2013

Total: £1099.99

Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB VENTUS OC Video Card (£1149.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1149.99

Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Dual Advanced Video Card (£1179.00 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1179.00

You can always look for AWD, BOX, eBuyer etc.

So the amount of fans on the card make no difference? I always assumed 3 fans was better but I recently read that 2 fans are more effective. Now I'm just confused. Help?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
So the amount of fans on the card make no difference? I always assumed 3 fans was better but I recently read that 2 fans are more effective. Now I'm just confused. Help?
Again it's not that across the board 3 is better than 2. It can depend on how the whole cooling mechanism is set up. Many 3 fan cards can either be made for better cooling, or more efficient and quieter cooling (being as in some cases 3 fans can run slower than 2 fans for the same effect).

Best option to do IMO is to find a model you like, then look up a review and see if you prefer it, typically the 3 fan setups are for bigger cases with the headroom to take them.

In some cases 3 is better than 2, in some cases, the 2 are better than 3 alternatives.

Reactions: masty88

TRENDING THREADS