[SOLVED] Which 24" 1080p monitor for gaming?

fstein

Commendable
Jan 9, 2018
Hello. I'm trying to find a good monitor for my brother. He's currently playing on a budget monitor from 2013. It's rather terrible. He mostly plays CS:GO.

He doesn't have the hardware to run high resolutions. So it makes the most sense to continue with 24"/1080p. 144 Hz and low response time are the only criteria. But which model to choose?

I've looked at BenQ XL2411P, AOC 24G2U and ASUS VG259Q. The first one is a TN panel; the two others are IPS. All come with good reviews, from what I can tell. It's rather hard for me to compare them though. How much of a difference is there from the TN to IPS between these?

Which would you recommend? Or is there an even better alternative in that price range? I'm from Denmark btw. :)

Solution
tn allows for fast response times and are cheaper overall. ips has better color creation but slower response times.

right in the middle is a VA panel which allows for fast response times and decent colors. i just got and hooked up a new AOC C24G1 which looks great so far. i'm still tinkering as its literally only been 30 minutes since i hooked it up :)

but i can't recommend it enough so far and it's pretty cheap for what it delivers

$145 from amazon and less than half the G2 version and the G1 is curved which is kinda cool. very solid build quality and comes with hdmi and dp cables in case you need it. i'm running it on a 1650 super but enables freesync. will test that out some...

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
tn allows for fast response times and are cheaper overall. ips has better color creation but slower response times.

right in the middle is a VA panel which allows for fast response times and decent colors. i just got and hooked up a new AOC C24G1 which looks great so far. i'm still tinkering as its literally only been 30 minutes since i hooked it up :)

but i can't recommend it enough so far and it's pretty cheap for what it delivers

$145 from amazon and less than half the G2 version and the G1 is curved which is kinda cool. very solid build quality and comes with hdmi and dp cables in case you need it. i'm running it on a 1650 super but enables freesync. will test that out some games later today when i get more time.

Solution