Which 4k monitor to go for?

Solution
Out of the 2, the Samsung is the better model, however, I'm confused. To get good framerates in most games at 4k takes some serious graphics capability, which is not cheap. So why the ultra budget 4k monitor? You'd be better served by a 1440p/144Hz Monitor capable of extremely good pictures and the framerates to make gaming enjoyable.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Out of the 2, the Samsung is the better model, however, I'm confused. To get good framerates in most games at 4k takes some serious graphics capability, which is not cheap. So why the ultra budget 4k monitor? You'd be better served by a 1440p/144Hz Monitor capable of extremely good pictures and the framerates to make gaming enjoyable.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That's true. Games like minecraft etc. For 60fps on a 4k monitor, you'd be looking at a 1080 for most get and more than a few really require 1080 sli.

With a 1070 you can expect at ultra settings most games getting 30-60fps, but quite a few will see fps drops during extreme detail frames like explosions etc where physX demands can almost bring the gpu to a halt.

To get best playability on a 1070 @4k, it may take relaxing some settings, you'll probably not need things like AA etc at all.

I'd say a lot depends on your gaming style too. If you are preferably into strategy/mmorpg games, that operate at a slower pace, details are more fun. So 4k will look awesome. If your preference is fast paced first person shooters or games like gta:V,then the higher refresh afforded by a 144Hz screen is much more important or details get lost in the movement and ½ the screen is in a constant blur.