[SOLVED] Which 4k Screen will be best for the current planned build under 300$ or 350$?

Apr 11, 2020
Which would work best with the current setup?
Is the current build ok with 4k gaming for future?

Cpu: AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: G Skill Ripjaws V Series 3600Mz 16gb
GPU: 2060 Super or a 5700XT. (Will be buying around June.) Right now I have Msi 480x 8 gigs.
Psu: Corsair Rmx 750 (My current psu)
Case: Thermaltake Core v71 (Its the one I am using from last 2 years)

Currently these fits in my budget. Planning on placing orders on Monday.

Solution
Running games at native 4K tends to be very demanding, since that's the same resolution as gaming on four 1080p screens at once. Even with many of today's demanding games, you are unlikely to run them well at 4K resolution without substantially lowering settings on graphics cards in this price range, and games will only become more demanding in the future. Consoles that are supposedly running games at "4K" are actually running them at lower resolutions and using various techniques for upscaling them.

Personally, I would look at 1440p screens instead, as these graphics cards should handle that resolution a lot better. I don't have any specific recommendations, but there are a...
Running games at native 4K tends to be very demanding, since that's the same resolution as gaming on four 1080p screens at once. Even with many of today's demanding games, you are unlikely to run them well at 4K resolution without substantially lowering settings on graphics cards in this price range, and games will only become more demanding in the future. Consoles that are supposedly running games at "4K" are actually running them at lower resolutions and using various techniques for upscaling them.

Personally, I would look at 1440p screens instead, as these graphics cards should handle that resolution a lot better. I don't have any specific recommendations, but there are a number of 27-32" 2560x1440 screens with high 144Hz refresh rates available in this price range, whereas with 4K monitors you would be stuck with a handful of 27" 60Hz models to choose from, unless you went with a television, where larger sizes might be available. For gaming, you are unlikely to notice that much of a difference between the sharpness of 4K and 1440p on a 27" screen, but you will notice the much better performance at 1440p, especially on a high refresh rate monitor.

Solution
Apr 11, 2020

Personally, I would look at 1440p screens instead, as these graphics cards should handle that resolution a lot better. I don't have any specific recommendations, but there are a number of 27-32" 2560x1440 screens with high 144Hz refresh rates available in this price range, whereas with 4K monitors you would be stuck with a handful of 27" 60Hz models to choose from, unless you went with a television, where larger sizes might be available. For gaming, you are unlikely to notice that much of a difference between the sharpness of 4K and 1440p on a 27" screen, but you will notice the much better performance at 1440p, especially on a high refresh rate monitor.
4k still a luxury many cant afford I guess. I think 2560x1440 is good resolution also with 120 or 144hz refresh rates. Is Asus a good one to go with? (As a brand)

p.s
Which graphics card would run 4k smoothly?

DSzymborski

Titan
4k still a luxury many cant afford I guess. I think 2560x1440 is good resolution also with 120 or 144hz refresh rates. Is Asus a good one to go with? (As a brand)

p.s
Which graphics card would run 4k smoothly?

For 4K gaming, I wouldn't bother to focus on it unless getting at least a 1080 Ti/2080 Super/2080 Ti.

And even these, you'll probably have to reduce the settings later in life. 4K gaming still requires a lot of power relative to what's available today.

A 2600 Super/5700 XT will already be at only 30-40 FPS in a lot of AAA games right now. They're just not really 4K games right now, let alone in the future.

DSzymborski

Titan
Yep I think I will just go with 2k instead of 4k would be wise.
What you think of the build is good or do I need to change anything?
Thanks for the quick response.

Looks fine to me otherwise. Just didn't want to get your hopes up about 4K gaming quite yet.

Don't feel bad, I'm in the same boat. I have a 2080 Super and it's just better long-term for me to be in a 1440p/144Hz monitor.

Apr 11, 2020
Looks fine to me otherwise. Just didn't want to get your hopes up about 4K gaming quite yet.

Don't feel bad, I'm in the same boat. I have a 2080 Super and it's just better long-term for me to be in a 1440p/144Hz monitor.
Thats why I asked too I can always buy a better graphics card in future. But thanks a lot for your honest opinion it does matter a lot.