[SOLVED] Which 500GB SSD for Ryzen 5 (INDIA)

arnuld

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
I need to a 500GB SSD for I am building up a new PC, will install Linux on it. Check out full specs at PCPartPicker. I want to do lot of browsing and searching, programming, JupyterLab, Data Science and watch Blu-Ray movies and 1080p videos on YouTube.

I have selected WD (WDS500G2B0B) 500GB. is it ok for my work ?

Solution
For me ADATA Su 650 is working incredible. I wanted to go with Samsung Evo series but it costs 3000 more than ADATA. I am a gamre hence I install and reinstall quite a lot of games. To be honest the SSD is very good WD SSD is also good as well. Depends on what you want. If you want the best 500GB ssd then SAmsung evo series. Reliable ones are adata , WD. Please NO kingston. Hope it helps.

arnuld

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008

When I choose that on PCPartPicker I get this incompatibility: The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled.

Vishal_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2015
For me ADATA Su 650 is working incredible. I wanted to go with Samsung Evo series but it costs 3000 more than ADATA. I am a gamre hence I install and reinstall quite a lot of games. To be honest the SSD is very good WD SSD is also good as well. Depends on what you want. If you want the best 500GB ssd then SAmsung evo series. Reliable ones are adata , WD. Please NO kingston. Hope it helps.

Solution