[SOLVED] Which 7900XTX to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhalton99

Honorable
Mar 29, 2018
Even though my cooling issues has been resolved with my current 2080TI Black Edition GPU, I will be giving it to my son along with my Ryzen 9 3900x. However, I am having a difficult time choosing between all the 7900XTX that's out there, so it basically comes down to price, power usage, size and cooling applications. My 2080ti vertical mounted and wondering if I can still use it with these monster size 7900XTX, so I won't lose an intake fan with a horizontal bracket/brace. For as in power usage, I've seen many builds with 850W PSUs with 32+GB RAM and multiple RGB fans like mines so that should not be an issue and I do not plan on overclocking. Price has already been determined at around $1200 without shipping or taxes so I'm ready to deal with that burden lol. But my main deciding factor is keeping this card cool even while gamming on Ultra/Epic at 4k. It's been a while since I used AMD Readon cooling applications and hoping that one of these cards has something similar to EVGA Precision X1, so here are my choices so far....

SAPPHIRE NITRO Radeon RX 7900 XTX Video Card 11322-01-40G - Newegg.com - comes with Last of Us Part 1 and a -$30 off promo code which brings pricing at $1,190.74 (worried about size, power usage and needs 3x 8pin power)
vs
Sapphire Technology AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro Plus Vapor-X Overclocked Triple Fan 24GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card - Micro Center - not on sale, not promo code, and no free game.

ASRock AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX Triple Fan 24GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card - Micro Center (worried about cooling software and bad reviews -$100 for open box)
vs
ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX Video Card RX7900XTX 24G - Newegg.com positive reviews here and $50 more than new at Microcenter but still get Last of Us Part 1 (same worries but will go for open box without free game if cooling issues are inaccurate)

PowerColor Hellhound Radeon RX 7900 XTX Video Card RX7900XTX 24G-L/OC - Newegg.com - would be my choice but only based on price and still comes with Last of Us Part 1 (worried about cooling issues and loid coil noise from reviews)
vs
PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX Hellhound Overclocked Triple Fan 24GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card - Micro Center - can pick up next day but no free game lol.

bhalton99

Honorable
Mar 29, 2018
One thing I will say for microcenter if you buy their warranty they are usually easy to deal with if you have issues in my past experiences anyway.
Yeah, I read in one of the reviews for the Power Color (Not Hellhound) version that it was a simple process than buying it online when it expresses thermal issues. They gave him a Red Devil version as compensation.

bhalton99

Honorable
Mar 29, 2018
Might end up going with a 7900 xtx reference card like the ASRock version but can anyone tell me what GPU monitor is best for AMD cards because read bad things about using Adrenalin.

Last edited:
In all the years that I've been gaming, I've had cards branded as ATi, nVidia, Oak, CirrusLogic, Albatron, XFX and Gigabyte. Except for one defective XFX 5700 XT (I've owned 4 XFX cards and the other 3 were fine), they all worked great.

Brands mean nothing so get whatever gives you the best deal. In this case, it's the ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming D for $960 at Newegg:
14-930-081-01.jpg

That's the card that I would get. I don't even care what cards look like because I don't look at them when they're in my PC case. The performance delta between them will be so slight as to be margin-of-error. This card is $40 below MSRP and it's an AIB custom card. You can't beat that.

Status
Not open for further replies.