Which 7970 card should I get?

Garret Wood

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
This is my first build and I am not really going to go crazy with the OC'ing on my cpu, so I don't really care a whole ton about OC'ing my graphics card, or computer, I just want a solid option for a 7970, and this seems to me to be the best choice. Any advice would be great.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-125-413&SortField=1&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

Solution
You'd have to go real in depth. You'd have to find which has better core cooling, memory cooling, VRM cooling and who manufacturers the memory. And if either is voltage locked.

Chances are, you'll be fine either way. Just get the cheaper one.

Garret Wood

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
What is the difference between that Sapphire and the Gigabyte? As I said, I don't particularly care about huge OC's, from what I gather that gigabyte has the best cooling. IDK though o_O

ihog

Distinguished
You'd have to go real in depth. You'd have to find which has better core cooling, memory cooling, VRM cooling and who manufacturers the memory. And if either is voltage locked.

Chances are, you'll be fine either way. Just get the cheaper one.

Solution