[SOLVED] Which AIO 240mm can cool cpu i7 10700k stock ?

Rex_Ryan

Prominent
Nov 21, 2019
Hi, current I just upgraded to i7 10700k and I have confused to choose AIO 240/360mm. My case is DeepCool E-Shield:
  • Fan case: 120mm rear, 2x120 or 1x 140mm top, 3x 120, 3x140 (without CD rom) or 2x120, 2x140 (with CD rom) at front
  • AIO: 120/140/240mm top, 120/240/280/360 front.
+ Because some people said if put radiator at front with fan intake (fan in front of radiator) it can cool cpu good but drive, ram, graphic card will be warmer, many choose at top but my top only have 240 max so which AIO 240 can cool this cpu ? I use only stock for gaming, develop web, app, sometime use photoshop edit image for troll or make beauty
- Some AIO 240mm at my country:
  • Asus Rog ryujin 240
  • AIO Cooler master masterliquid ml240p mirage
  • AIO Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240R RGB
  • AIO DEEPCOOL Castle 240RGB V2
* My system:
  • Mainboard: ASUS Rog Strix Z490-A Gaming
  • CPU: i7 10700k stock
  • PSU: Seasonic focus 650w 80+ gold
  • Graphic: ASUS RTX 2080Ti 11GB GDDR6 ROG Strix OC (Default not OC it)
  • Memory: 32GB kingston predator 3200mhz (2x16)
  • 1 ssd western digital blue 500gb, 1 hdd 500gb western digital blue and 1 hdd 2TB western digital blue
  • 4 fan case (1300±7%RPM, airflow 65.16CFM)
By the way my PSU can run it for long time ?

Solution
Thanks, because I thought air pushing from outside only cool radiator, component after radiator will get hot air, so
It does, but it's usually nothing serious.

ML360R is middle of the road.

Dust is inevitable. Just don't go and neglect maintenance for a year or more, like some folks will do.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Front intake, top and rear exhaust.

Fans in front, pushing air through the rad, into the chassis.

I saw this video power limit not reach 229 when using stock
And that means what exactly?
229w is the max allowed across all the cpu threads. Just because one person showed a few samples of them not reaching 229w, it's ok to get a cooler below what the cpu is capable of?

Rex_Ryan

Prominent
Nov 21, 2019
Front intake, top and rear exhaust.

Fans in front, pushing air through the rad, into the chassis.

And that means what exactly?
229w is the max allowed across all the cpu threads. Just because one person showed a few samples of them not reaching 229w, it's ok to get a cooler below what the cpu is capable of?

06f09a97_DSC00044.jpeg

So I put radiator like image above ? Because my case have drives nearest radiator than graphic card , so is it get hot ?

05.jpg

12.jpg

Rex_Ryan

Prominent
Nov 21, 2019
1)Yes.
2)No.
Thanks, because I thought air pushing from outside only cool radiator, component after radiator will get hot air, so
- When fan pushing air from outside it will go to radiator and component behind will okay right ? because my case is big, so it need airflow many I dont know 3 exhaust rear + top can do it.
  • I am going to buy this AIO Cooler Master Masterliquid ML360R RGB, what do you think ?
  • How about dust, We have any way to clean dust if we install like that ?

Last edited:

Rex_Ryan

Prominent
Nov 21, 2019

Rex_Ryan

Prominent
Nov 21, 2019
Wow, those charts only show the base frequency TDP. That's very misleading.

As for thermals: too many variables in play for that.
So which AIO 360 is safe for this ? currently my country only have 360: cooler master, asus rujin (360 not sale anymore only 240), corsair (only H115i platium and currently Out of stock), ID-cooling, NZXT x72 (currently Out of stock but it seem not sale anymore)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
So with AIO 360 is safe for this ?
Yes, that's fine.

What's misleading is that the TDP numbers shown in the link apply to the cpu at base frequencies ONLY; the PL1 numbers in the chart I posted earlier.
PL2 is what is allowed for the cpu to reach those turbo clocks the Intel chips are famous for.
Tau is the time allowed(seconds) for the cpu to run at PL2 before it's forced back to PL1 temporarily.

Reactions: Rex_Ryan

Rex_Ryan

Prominent
Nov 21, 2019
Yes, that's fine.

What's misleading is that the TDP numbers shown in the link apply to the cpu at base frequencies ONLY; the PL1 numbers in the chart I posted earlier.
PL2 is what is allowed for the cpu to reach those turbo clocks the Intel chips are famous for.
Tau is the time allowed(seconds) for the cpu to run at PL2 before it's forced back to PL1 temporarily.
Thank you, because I don't have any choice currently my country only have 360: cooler master, asus rujin (360 not sale anymore only 240), corsair (only H115i platium and currently Out of stock), ID-cooling, NZXT x72 (currently Out of stock but it seem not sale anymore) so only cooler master 360R RGB and ID-cooling still have product then I thought I will bought it, but didn't know is it good for long time, I work Monday to Friday, I start play game at 20:00pm, Saturday and Sunday I will play game all day, and sometimes I design, render picture to send customer. I started change air to AIO first time, so I didn't know which AIO I can choose, shop suggest me use cooler master 360R RGB because I only use stock not plan OC in the future, then I go to there ask for sure is it safe for a long time ?