[SOLVED] Which AIO cooler for Ryzen 3900x

seankor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2012
Hey!
I hope I am not duplicating questions, because I have a general thread about the build in systems. I figured here I will get my answer faster as I am in a hurry to order!
So used will be Corsair 275R case and motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Elite or Asus Tuff gaming B550 plus- not yet decided and Ryzen 3900x. I will not be overclocking, just want a stable quality solution, but I have no clue about these coolers. Here is the list of available ones, every advice will be really appreciated!:

ASUS TUF GAMING LC240 RGB 92 EUR,
Cooler Master Liquid ML240R RGB 109 EUR,
Deepcool Castle 280 ARGB 98 EUR,
Deepcool GAMAXX L240 RGB V2 62 EUR
Thermaltake TH240 ARGB SYNC 87 EUR
SILVERSTONE PF240-ARGB 73 EUR
Cougar AQUA 240 RGB 81 EUR
Corsair ICUE H100I RGB PRO XT 122 EUR

Solution
A good 280mm AIO will do a great job and from your list provided, go the Deepcool Castle 280mm AIO as this will be more than good enough and will keep the 3900X cool and quiet...280mm has a larger surface area radiator...If you can find the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO or even the 240mm AIO they are tremendouse though they have a thicker radiator at 38mm versus the rest at 28mm, so that needs to be taken into account. But the are stellar AIO's and very cost effective but hard to find as they are very popular...I have one cooling my 10700K at 5.1GHz all core and it just does a great job..very impressed....

But after all that the Deepcool will do more than a good job as well...
A good 280mm AIO will do a great job and from your list provided, go the Deepcool Castle 280mm AIO as this will be more than good enough and will keep the 3900X cool and quiet...280mm has a larger surface area radiator...If you can find the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO or even the 240mm AIO they are tremendouse though they have a thicker radiator at 38mm versus the rest at 28mm, so that needs to be taken into account. But the are stellar AIO's and very cost effective but hard to find as they are very popular...I have one cooling my 10700K at 5.1GHz all core and it just does a great job..very impressed....

But after all that the Deepcool will do more than a good job as well...

Reactions: seankor
Solution

seankor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2012
Why AIO? The 120 and 240mm AIO’s are normally outperformed by similar or even cheaper priced air coolers. It’s not until you get to 280-360mm that they are better than air. With an AIO you want a good warranty just encase it leaks and damages other components.
Computer might go through some airplane transportation in its lifetime. Not a lot, but I heard air vent can bend the motherboard because of the weight. And that AIO has heavy part on the case so might be better. I am ok with air vent otherwise as well. I thought leaking is really rare, not sure I will get much warranty where I am at atm.
Would some of these work better, just as well? https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/product_list/3/783
3600 baht is about 100€

Computer might go through some airplane transportation in its lifetime. Not a lot, but I heard air vent can bend the motherboard because of the weight. And that AIO has heavy part on the case so might be better. I am ok with air vent otherwise as well. I thought leaking is really rare, not sure I will get much warranty where I am at atm.
Would some of these work better, just as well? https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/product_list/3/783
3600 baht is about 100€
You are correct, moving a pc with a heavy air cooler it is best to remove the cooler. No need to do this with an AIO. Personally I’d stick to Corsair, about the best for quality and a good warranty so my vote is H100i.