Dec 28, 2016
ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II RGB 157$
Thermaltake TH360 ARGB Motherboard Sync Edition 140$
ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280mm 134$
DEEPCOOL Castle 360EX, Addressable RGB AIO 118$
SilverStone PF360 ARGB 360mm 116$
Lian Li Galahad 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler 114$

Solution
yea lowkey wanna get 280mm too but most of the 280mm coolers are either not available or out of stock so I'm left with 240mm or 260mm
Then why'd you list the Liquid Freezer II 280 if it's OOS? If it is available, then it gets my vote.
Other than that, a 140mm air cooler would be perfectly fine on a 5600X.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
All of these are compatible with whatever your chassis is? Took tall ram into account if doing a top mount, etc?

Just do your ears a favor and drop the 120mm class(120, 240, 360, etc) coolers, or replace said options with 140mm class air coolers.

What exactly is being cooled here?

YuvrajMann

Reputable
Dec 28, 2016
i believe all these coolers are compatible with my motherboard and cabinet(lian li mesh 2)
yea lowkey wanna get 280mm too but most of the 280mm coolers are either not available or out of stock so I'm left with 240mm or 260mm
atm i5 8400, lol. ik it doesn't need that much cooling but I'm soon to upgrade to ryzen 5600x + B550 tomahawk/tuf

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
i believe all these coolers are compatible with my motherboard and cabinet(lian li mesh 2)
atm i5 8400, lol. ik it doesn't need that much cooling but I'm soon to upgrade to ryzen 5600x + B550 tomahawk/tuf
Any 240mm AIO should cool that processor easy.

YuvrajMann

Reputable
Dec 28, 2016
Then why'd you list the Liquid Freezer II 280 if it's OOS? If it is available, then it gets my vote.
Other than that, a 140mm air cooler would be perfectly fine on a 5600X.
yea but DEEPCOOL Castle 360EX, Addressable RGB AIO is only 118$, cheaper and bigger. what I'm asking for is more successful product and all over value for money. i moved to pc gaming not so long ago so I'm still exploring and researching.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
what I'm asking for is more successful product and all over value for money.
Air cooler.
AIO/CLCs are inferior to air coolers in value for money and reliability. What they've got going for them is looks(subjective) and high power consuming hardware.
The price tag is deceptive: You need a backup cooler on hand when the pump inevitably fails, and you will go through them faster than an air cooler.
There's also the leak risk, which mankind hasn't perfected yet - they are very rare though, and how well you care for the device can increase the odds of this risk, or keep it low.

yea but DEEPCOOL Castle 360EX, Addressable RGB AIO is only 118$, cheaper and bigger.
With how good the 5600X is on power, bigger means little; a good 120mm wouldn't sweat with this cpu.
Plus with the cons of AIO/CLC, it's not that much cheaper.

Reactions: YuvrajMann

YuvrajMann

Reputable
Dec 28, 2016
Air cooler.
AIO/CLCs are inferior to air coolers in value for money and reliability. What they've got going for them is looks(subjective) and high power consuming hardware.
The price tag is deceptive: You need a backup cooler on hand when the pump inevitably fails, and you will go through them faster than an air cooler.
There's also the leak risk, which mankind hasn't perfected yet - they are very rare though, and how well you care for the device can increase the odds of this risk, or keep it low.

what's the average life of an aio, so far many people mentioned risk of leakage but not so many cases.

With how good the 5600X is on power, bigger means little; a good 120mm wouldn't sweat with this cpu.
Plus with the cons of AIO/CLC, it's not that much cheaper.
so should i just get an artic 34 duo and get done with this?