Which Anti-Virus Software should I use

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrivilegeYT

Distinguished
Ok, so going into 2018 what anti-virus software should I be using. I am use to using AVG but I want to make sure I have the most up-to-date protection possible. What should I be using guys ?

Solution
Privilege, I would agree with mandy123 first start with the budget, ask what you want from antivirus because the majority has additional features built in, and then check out the reviews of the software there are a bunch of them online like PC mag and such (I cant guarantee its not paid, not sure). The thing is we are all different and some of us will never be satisfied with software because it gives one and lacks another, there is never a perfect solution. Take care

Avast-Team

Commendable
Mar 3, 2017

A lot has changed with us lately so I'm excited to share this with you :) In late 2016 we announced that Avast and AVG were joining forces, and since then the best of both technologies are available in either AVG or Avast.

We've rolled out a lot of new protection options, too. We have CyberCapture (to help catch zero-day or unknown malware) and Behavior Shield (real-time monitoring) that are available even in the Free versions, as well as additional ransomware shields, webcam shields, and more in our paid versions. We have a new Ultimate package too.

If you have any questions about Avast or AVG, we're here to help, and thanks for being a longtime user!

Can you explain why the name Avast is connected to the name of Privax which hosts VPN,proxies and suspected network sharing facilities which are involved in the current Spam attack Tom's is suffering, please?

darklense

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018
Privilege, I would agree with mandy123 first start with the budget, ask what you want from antivirus because the majority has additional features built in, and then check out the reviews of the software there are a bunch of them online like PC mag and such (I cant guarantee its not paid, not sure). The thing is we are all different and some of us will never be satisfied with software because it gives one and lacks another, there is never a perfect solution. Take care

Solution

macdr2002

Commendable
Sep 6, 2018

I have been using AV packages for over 35 years. I've tried many and almost always been disappointed sooner or later. Anyone remember the nightmares a few products provided by just trying to get it off your system? 2 years ago I went with Malware Bytes Premium. I have been amazed at the things it can and will catch. Nothing has worked this well and performed without choking the system or throwing out a lot of false alarms. I cannot gripe about the price, it's not free (for Premium edition) but it's the best I've ever used on any platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.