[SOLVED] which AOI can be compatible with silencio 650case?

Solution
listed clearance is 162mm.
BeQuiet DRP4 is 162.8mm tall, so realistically should fit but might contact the padding on the side panel, no way to know for sure exactly how CM measured the clearance or if they decided on a 5mm minimum space etc.
Noctua NHD15S will fit, I'd use an additional 120mm above the ram in front.

Aircooling isn't ideal for any of the i9's, 280/360mm aio is recommended , just to cover the 250w output when stressed. The largest aircoolers are only rated around 250w, and the Largest like the Deepcool Assassin 3 do not fit.

id get a different case. Fractal Design Define S2, Meshify C, R5/6 etc are close to the performance of the Silencio, if not better and will mount an AIO easily.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
Hello sir, thanks for your reply. It is also why i made this topic because i couldnt find data on the manual and spec page...
one thing i was thinking about. Is it not possible to gut the 2x intake fans at the front and assemble a 240mm rad there ? Or this way the issue is the hot air goes througj the pc... is that a big problem ?
or maybe its not even possible. To be fair i never had an aio and never assembled one so far so its just all theory on my side atm :/

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, you can mount an AIO in that case. The spacing with the optical bays to floor is too tight, not enough clearance for a 240m rad, fans yes, but the reservoirs are too tall. This also puts a 120mm out of the question, since those rads have reservoirs too.

The top fan is too close to the motherboard. Any aio mounted there will run into issues with clearances.

The rear exhaust is different. Normally youd remove the fan , mount the rad to the case. But again, reservoirs are too long, they'll be impeded by the pci ports attached to the case. However, use of a push/pull like a H80i series will work as the fan gives clearance from the pcie ports.

So, you can mount an AIO, it just has to be a 120mm push/pull and performance emphasis will be on the thickest rads possible, the H80i series Corsair.

Which is still too small for any i9.

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
listed clearance is 162mm.
BeQuiet DRP4 is 162.8mm tall, so realistically should fit but might contact the padding on the side panel, no way to know for sure exactly how CM measured the clearance or if they decided on a 5mm minimum space etc.
Noctua NHD15S will fit, I'd use an additional 120mm above the ram in front.

Aircooling isn't ideal for any of the i9's, 280/360mm aio is recommended , just to cover the 250w output when stressed. The largest aircoolers are only rated around 250w, and the Largest like the Deepcool Assassin 3 do not fit.

id get a different case. Fractal Design Define S2, Meshify C, R5/6 etc are close to the performance of the Silencio, if not better and will mount an AIO easily.

Solution

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
Ok man thank you ill check out those cases. What about the AIO? Which one do u recommend ? I eard bad stories ( leaks) cooler pumps dead after 2years.. and some only seem to have 1 year wareanty which feels worriesome. What is the real word experience about these ?
also its a little bit offtopic but i would still keep my fsp hydro g 750. I guess thats good enough for an oc’d 9900k and an ocd 1080ti//2080ti ?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Most of the brands you see don't actually MAKE their own AIOs. They bought the parts from others and rebadge them as their own.
There's only 2 manufacturers of the pumps inside these units: Asetek and Coolit. So, whichever model you go with, there's going to be little difference between them.

Concerning leaks: they are much better than they used to be - the odds of a leak happening today are very low, less than 10%, but the possibility is still there, so you need to take that into account.

Perhaps give the Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 or the NZXT Kraken X63 a go. They're using Asetek's latest gen(6 or 7th) pumps.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDYr5DG6lAk

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPaSEGe6ML0

Fsp Hydro G 750 review: https://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2015/12/20/fsp-hydro-g-750w-power-supply/6/

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Here's the thing about leaks. They happen. Can happen to anyone, any brand. They are manufactured. Same as fans, psus, motherboards, anything man can make has a failure rate. It's expected.

Actual failure rate of most AIO's made is close to 1%. Now if you take Corsair (number 1 aio sales worldwide for years) who manufactured 1 million different AIO's in 1 year, that's a whopping 10k leaks. 10k unhappy customers. Out of that 10k, maybe 100 will actually follow through with lambasting AIO's in general and how they are bad because they leak. 10 will post videos that go viral and get seen by millions of people who might have been clueless prior, but now equate liquid coolers and electronics in the same box as a bad thing.

90% of all leaks from AIO's or custom loops are due to user abuse/installation. Not actual manufacturers defects. It happens when people try bending tubing and torquing the connectors when they stuff the aio into the case, or pull it out of the box by the pump etc.

Those 10 people try and ruin the experience 999,000 have with their aios.

And yet nobody posts anything lambasting Goodyear when their $1000 set of 50k mile tires wears out in 49k miles.