Which are the best settings in Nvidia Control Panel for gaming?

Maq___

Honorable
Nov 15, 2015
Hi all,

I would please to tell me which are the best settings in Nvidia Control Panel for more FPS while gaming!
Please tell me for each setting!

My laptop's graphics card is Nvidia GTX 960 M 4 GB GDDR5.

Please tell me!
Thanks to all in advance!
Best regards!

Solution
GTA V is more CPU dependent than GPU dependent, but you can optimize it according to this instructional. This is for PC but should work for laptops too. Note there are two selections: one for max performance and one for a balance between quality and performance (FPS). For your hardware, I'd strongly recommend following the 720p "max performance" settings.

AFTER you make that selection, you should follow the command line mod for 720p following in the instructions* to be added to the "commandline.txt" file in the root of the game folder. If this file doesn't exist, you can create it by right clicking in the game install directory, select New and select Text Document. Rename this file to commandline.txt...

t53186

Distinguished
You may find that the GEFORCE Experience software (free) from Nvidia here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/

to be a valuable assistant when determining the best vid setting for gamin on your PC. There really arent any "best" settings in the control panel, just adjustments for basic monitor operation.

Or, I may have completely misunderstood your question.

t53186

Distinguished
OK, sorry. I use the default settings for global, then adjust for application specific as needed. Each game also places different demands on each of the settings, an example is texture filtering. you could set that to max and not see any changes during game play.

Maq___

Honorable
Nov 15, 2015
OK,thank you! But anyway I insist to someone help me adjust the global settings in the Nvidia Control Panel!

By the way if we are talking about a concrete game , I would like to adjust the settings for GTA V in the Nvidia Control Panel!

Please help me!Thanks!

GTA V is more CPU dependent than GPU dependent, but you can optimize it according to this instructional. This is for PC but should work for laptops too. Note there are two selections: one for max performance and one for a balance between quality and performance (FPS). For your hardware, I'd strongly recommend following the 720p "max performance" settings.

AFTER you make that selection, you should follow the command line mod for 720p following in the instructions* to be added to the "commandline.txt" file in the root of the game folder. If this file doesn't exist, you can create it by right clicking in the game install directory, select New and select Text Document. Rename this file to commandline.txt.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/791036-nvidia-control-panel-performance-tweaking-guide-for-gta-v/

*As always, back up your game files before doing any modifications like this!!!!

Solution

Maq___

Honorable
Nov 15, 2015

Thank you so much!

I would please you if you would like to help me the same way for the settings of ArmA 3 and NBA 2K18!

Please!
I am very grateful to you!