Question Which are the latest browser versions for Windows 7 SP1 64-bit ?

kacper6768

Great
BANNED
Mar 5, 2023
I'm using a computer

Computer: HP Compaq 6005 Pro SFF
Motherboard chipset: AMD 785G, AMD K10
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 B55 Processor
Integrated Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4200 (368 MB)
Integrated Sound Card: Realtek ALC662 @ ATI SB750 - High Definition Audio Controller
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

It was originally installed with Windows 7 64-bit Home Edition, but when Windows 10 64-bit was installed on it, after pressing the POWER button (first start-up after plugging it into the socket) it hums for a few seconds and turns off, and only starts properly the second time.

When this computer on Windows 10 64 bit enters standby or hibernation, then after starting this computer, it loses data from standby or hibernation and starts as if it was normally turned off. Only on Windows XP or Windows 7 does powering on and suspending and hibernating this computer work well.
Windows 7 is newer than Windows XP, so I'm using Windows 7.

Which are the latest versions of Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, Microfost Edge, Vivaldi, Tor Browser, for Slimjet is 38.0.8.0 what I read from the changelog compatible with Windows 7?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Apr 9, 2023
I'm using a computer

Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq 6005 Pro SFF PC
Motherboard chipset: AMD 785G, AMD K10
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 B55 Processor
Integrated Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4200 (368 MB)
Integrated Sound Card: Realtek ALC662 @ ATI SB750 - High Definition Audio Controller
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

It was originally installed with Windos 7 64 bit Home Edition, but when Windows 10 64 bit was installed on it, after pressing the POWER button (first start-up after plugging it into the socket) it hums for a few seconds and turns off, and only the second time it starts. When this computer on Windows 10 64 bit enters standby or hibernation, then after starting this computer, it loses data from standby or hibernation and starts as if it was normally turned off. Only on Windows XP or Windows 7 does powering on and suspending and hibernating this computer work well.
Windows 7 is newer than Windows XP, so I'm using Windows 7.
Which are the latest versions of Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, Microfost Edge, Vivaldi, Tor Browser, for Slimjet is 38.0.8.0 what I read from the changelog compatible with Windows 7?
Hi, they are: Opera 95.0, Microsoft Edge 109.0 and Chrome 109.0. though they are not supported for updating. Actually they are based on Chromium projects So if you install from their web-page, for example Chrome, you'd be offered to download the version matching to your current Windows version.

Last edited by a moderator:

kacper6768

Great
BANNED
Mar 5, 2023
google is the official source for chrome, not some random download site.

go to google and click download chrome and it will install whatever version it knows is compatible

no reason to make this difficult.
But I want to download Google Chrome offline installer to version 109.0.5414.120. From the official website of Google Chrome, the offline installer can only be downloaded the latest version. The only choice is 32 bit or 64 bit version.

kacper6768

Great
BANNED
Mar 5, 2023
Does Windows XP SP2 64 bit come in regular edition and professional edition?
On an old computer from 2005 with 2 GB of RAM and a 64-bit processor, is it better to install Windows XP 32 or 64 bit?
On 64-bit Windows XP, when the online installer of Google Chrome installs this browser, it downloads the file 109.0.5414.120_chrome_installer.exe identical to that installed by the 32-bit version of Windows XP?
Is version 109.0.5414.120_chrome_installer.exe available only in 32 bit version?
For Windows XP the last version of Firefox is Firefox 52.3.0 but on Windows XP 64 bit Firefox 64 bit Firefox Setup 52.3.0esr.exe won't install
Sorry, Firefox can't be installed. This version of Firefox requires Microsoft Windows 7 x64 or newer. Please click the OK button for additional information.
but the 32 bit version of Firefox Setup 52.3.0esr.exe on 64 bit Windows XP installs normally.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Does Windows XP SP2 64 bit come in regular edition and professional edition?

No.

There were several versions for specific uses,
further reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_XP_editions#64-bit_editions

On an old computer from 2005 with 2 GB of RAM and a 64-bit processor, is it better to install Windows XP 32 or 64 bit?

I'd go with 32-bit, since 64-bit, while supporting more RAM and virtual memory, will also have conflicts between 32-bit and 64-bit software.

My old AMD build, that i keep off the grid, is running 32-bit Win XP Pro with SP2. And there, i have 4GB of RAM instaleld (well, only 3.6 GB can be actually used).

On 64-bit Windows XP, when the online installer of Google Chrome installs this browser, it downloads the file 109.0.5414.120_chrome_installer.exe identical to that installed by the 32-bit version of Windows XP?
Is version 109.0.5414.120_chrome_installer.exe available only in 32 bit version?
For Windows XP the last version of Firefox is Firefox 52.3.0 but on Windows XP 64 bit Firefox 64 bit Firefox Setup 52.3.0esr.exe won't install
but the 32 bit version of Firefox Setup 52.3.0esr.exe on 64 bit Windows XP installs normally.

This is something i'm not even going to discuss. Any internet browser on XP system is terrible idea. Better keep the XP system off the grid.