Which Asus Mobo good oc'er for e6300

Pintail

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2006
I was going to order the Gigabyte 965-S3 online but decided to stay closer to home for support. I roughly need the equivalent in an ASUS(or other brand that the store stocks) board for the e6300. I have a Computer Avenue 3 Blocks away(check out link) They have been friendly and deserve my business. Loooking for about 3 ghz on e6300. Advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

PS. Don't need Firewire or SLI/Crossfire.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
I was going to order the Gigabyte 965-S3 online but decided to stay closer to home for support. I roughly need the equivalent in an ASUS(or other brand that the store stocks) board for the e6300. I have a Computer Avenue 3 Blocks away(check out link) They have been friendly and deserve my business. Looking for about 3 ghz on e6300. Advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

ASUS P5B-E would be your best bet, but the store you linked doesn't have it listed. Stay away from the P5B(plain) that's listed, as it's not a good overclocker. GL :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131070

purdueguy

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2006
I agree. I'd get the ASUS P5B-E, but since you'd have to order it from someplace else, you might as well get the Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 since it's cheaper. Now, the -DS3 is only 5 bucks more at Newegg. Don't know how much more it would be in Canada. If the difference is less than 10 bucks Canadian, I'd get the -DS3. But overall, I'd go with the P5B-E.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
I agree. I'd get the ASUS P5B-E, but since you'd have to order it from someplace else, you might as well get the Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 since it's cheaper. Now, the -DS3 is only 5 bucks more at Newegg. Don't know how much more it would be in Canada. If the difference is less than 10 bucks Canadian, I'd get the -DS3. But overall, I'd go with the P5B-E.

@Pintail....Sorry, i didn't even notice that you're from Canada..Sorry for the Newegg link(pretty much useless). :wink:

I get most of my stuff from NCIX, and being based in BC(and me in Ontario), i don't have to pay PST. :p GL :)

Here's the motherboard page(in case you haven't seen their site... but they also don't have the P5B-E).
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?minorcatid=107&subminorcatid=27

Bache

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
I was going to order the Gigabyte 965-S3 online but decided to stay closer to home for support. I roughly need the equivalent in an ASUS(or other brand that the store stocks) board for the e6300. I have a Computer Avenue 3 Blocks away(check out link) They have been friendly and deserve my business. Looking for about 3 ghz on e6300. Advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

ASUS P5B-E would be your best bet, but the store you linked doesn't have it listed. Stay away from the P5B(plain) that's listed, as it's not a good overclocker. GL :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131070
Thats good to know, I was going to buy the plain P5B,