Question Which asus zenbook is better for me?

Nov 9, 2022
I hate to ask such a generic question but I am looking to get into IT and need a computer I can run a couple virtual machines on and watch classes and such at the same time. I bought this zenbook https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sku/6501009.p?skuId=6501009 . It seems to run pretty good but then I saw this zenbook which is the pro and doesn’t seem to have as good of a cpu but has a way better video card which I am not sure if it would be helpful having the better gpu. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sku/6494580.p?skuId=6494580 .

I am also weary of only having 16gb of ram because I plan to be doing as much as possible and also like to play RuneScape on a separate monitor while playing. My other option is to order something completely different and get a thinkpad or yoga in the same range or Best Buy has had plenty of great gaming laptops that are upgradeable to the 32 gb of ram I’d like. All in all though the first asus I linked has a great cpu I am just not sold on staying with what I am more or less testing out right now.

My price limit is more or less 15-1600 if anyone has any other recommendations. I seen the specter 16” on sale for 1500 but it’s cpu doesn’t seem to match up with what I got. Any advice greatly appreciated! And thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The system's requirements for the game tend to state that your current laptop is more than capable of running the game;

If you want to tax the laptop with a more higher end title, then I'd suggest the latter laptop you've linked above.

Nov 9, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The system's requirements for the game tend to state that your current laptop is more than capable of running the game;

If you want to tax the laptop with a more higher end title, then I'd suggest the latter laptop you've linked above.

Thanks for the warm welcome! My main concern is using it for all the cybersecurity classes I will have to take and using 2 virtual machines on top of watching instructional videos. I am more of a Mac user than anything and I second guess I’m getting the most capable computer I can for my needs at my price range. I read cracking passwords takes a good gpu I’m just not sure how often I should expect to be using anything like this for cyber security.