Question Which B450 motherboard should I go for?

Raverftw

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
Hello,

I've been suggested to buy B450 motherboard instead of B350 one for pretty much the same price, and now I'm not really sure which one should I choose.
Did research on internet a bit, but I wasn't able to find precise answer regarding motherboards I can get.

Options are:
View: https://imgur.com/a/NECDeXU

According to my research GIGABYTE B450M DS3H isn't really good choice. Overall best choice apparantly is ASRock B450M-HDV and MSI B450M PRO-M2 but the thing is, there is also a MSI B450M PRO-M2 V2 which is for some reason cheaper than normal model, and thats the main problem I'm having. I wasn't able to find much information and I'm lacking knowledge to understand the difference on my own. So, whats different about MSI B450M PRO-M2 V2 from normal one, should I just stick with ASRock B450-M or maybe get V2 if it's anyhow better than normal M2?

Best regards,
Nikola

Mar 5, 2019
Well I don't know much about any other than the one I have which is an Asus ROG Strix B450 F gaming board and while browsing it looked fine, once I got it all plugged in and started up I realized the giant IO shield basically is like a radiator that put a real hurt on the VRMS. Sad when your board runs hotter than your CPU.
Oh and the RGB header 1 is broken I think. Everything I plug into comes out as a different color or it could be the crappy hub that I got with the case.