Question Which big tower has good airflow & is easy to build?

Antisthenes

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
Appreciate it if anyone can please recommend a full tower (for RTX 3090 and 13900K) that has good airflow and makes it easy to build and change pc parts within it. Will use it only for gaming. Max 2 SSDs.

Have already built two high-end rigs but I’m not good at it and it took a long time (because of a disability), so looking for a full tower where access to pc parts within it is so easy when building and upgrading the rig that it’s almost “click and play”.

Plan to have the full tower on a table and put the case on its side (horizontally) when building it. Just mention this because I read a review about one case so large and heavy that Tom’s Hardware recommended one has it on the floor and put in components while it stands vertically, not laid down on one of its sides during building. This was the Corsair 7000D Airflow.

But need good airflow and cooling. That’s the most important part.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Full tower isn't really necessary. There are plenty or large mid-towers. Look at cases like the Corsair 4000D or 5000D. Lian Li O11 Dynamic is another popular one, but it has a large footprint.

On the cheap side Fractal Design Pop XL looks intriguing for a full tower.

Joakim Agren

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
Appreciate it if anyone can please recommend a full tower (for RTX 3090 and 13900K) that has good airflow and makes it easy to build and change pc parts within it. Will use it only for gaming. Max 2 SSDs.

Have already built two high-end rigs but I’m not good at it and it took a long time (because of a disability), so looking for a full tower where access to pc parts within it is so easy when building and upgrading the rig that it’s almost “click and play”.

Plan to have the full tower on a table and put the case on its side (horizontally) when building it. Just mention this because I read a review about one case so large and heavy that Tom’s Hardware recommended one has it on the floor and put in components while it stands vertically, not laid down on one of its sides during building. This was the Corsair 7000D Airflow.

But need good airflow and cooling. That’s the most important part.

The Cooler Master HAF700 and HAF700 EVO are 2 cases that are probably the easiest to build in, they are awesome premium cases that perhaps should be called computer hangars with as a reviewer put it "Fists amount of space everywhere". yes you can fit your entire fist above the motherboard and at the back for cable managment. The downside to these cases is that they will cost you a significant amount of money, the EVO one is $649 in the US and €500 Euro in Europe and require alot of desk space so need a larger table if you keep it on the desk, Cooler Master engineers really knew what they where designing when making this case so they made it 26.22" or 666 mm deep (yes the number of the beast because this is a beast of a case) :devilish::p. The other disadvantage is the weight, it weighs over 24 Kg or 52.91 Pounds empty so you might need help with handling it.

Antisthenes

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
My store has Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL TG, and it got good reviews, but wonder if it’s enough room in this case to easily change SSDs inside the mobo without having to take out any other components like the GPU and sound card for example.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Agree with Eximo: A full size tower is not necessary. Plus, full size can actually be worse than smaller cases.
If you've got a back injury, things such as maintenance or part swapping will not be fun: weight. The front fans are typically farther away from the components that need it, meaning more time for airflow from that direction to weaken.
Unused space is wasted space. IMO, full size are more suited to custom loop setups.
iu
Meshify 2 XL above. That looks real barren...

How well it cools is decided by what you do with them. I can take recommended cases and make them good or bad.

Inthrutheoutdoor

Reputable
BANNED
Feb 17, 2019
Thermaltake TT900.... THE Supertower that makes all others weep in it's presence... not just because of it's sheer physical size, as well as it's heft....approx 54lbs once removed from the box... but also it's wide range of build/configuration possibilities

And of course you can lay it on it's back, either side or front, whatever you want/need to be able to install parts into it.....

I built mine with 15x 140mm fans, 3x Rads, an i9-9900k overclocked to 5GHZ on a Z390 mobo, a 3080ti water cooled, an 850w PSU, a few dremeled mods, and a whole buttload of cable straps, ties etc

The whole build took less than 3 hrs, due to the huge amount of room and easy access inside it :D

Antisthenes

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
Need a high tower that’s about >56 cm high but don’t need a big tower that is very long (about 60 cm), so is there a large medium sized case that is high but without the excessive length (which puts the front fans far away from the pc components)?

Joakim Agren

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
Need a high tower that’s about >56 cm high but don’t need a big tower that is very long (about 60 cm), so is there a large medium sized case that is high but without the excessive length (which puts the front fans far away from the pc components)?

If you have enough good airflow and good components inside (like AIO CPU cooling and good motherboard with overkill VRAM) then the extra lenght will be no problem. The HAF700 I mentioned above have high airflow and have no problem with overheated components and you can lay it on its side for building in it.

Antisthenes

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
I’m building it around a 13900K and single RT X 3090 while waiting for 4090 Ti. Will overclock the cpu as much as possible, so will buy necessary water cooling, and have 64 GB RAM. Using it only for long intense gaming, not anything else. My store only has Meshy 2, but will the airflow be good enough in this case with such components inside it?