[SOLVED] Which BIOS settings should I use for my 2600x for good temps, performance and speed?

Apr 18, 2020
So I was using my TUF-B450(Asus)'s OC Tuner for a long time without knowing. That makes my 2600x run 3.8GHz across all cores. It auto adjust the voltages and things so it was really nice. But yesterday, I tried the "Auto" setting on Custom CPU Core Ratio and things and it made my CPU run 4.0GHz idle! And voltages were all over the place.

Isn't auto what most people use? Why isn't it working great? And should i use OC Tuner and go 3.8GHz across all cores?

One last thing, my CPU was running 56°C idle (Ryzen Master) then i changed the power plan to Balanced (Windows Balanced) and my idle temps were nearly 10°C lower! How, lol...

So I was using my TUF-B450(Asus)'s OC Tuner for a long time without knowing. That makes my 2600x run 3.8GHz across all cores. It auto adjust the voltages and things so it was really nice. But yesterday, I tried the "Auto" setting on Custom CPU Core Ratio and things and it made my CPU run 4.0GHz idle! And voltages were all over the place.

Isn't auto what most people use? Why isn't it working great? And should i use OC Tuner and go 3.8GHz across all cores?

One last thing, my CPU was running 56°C idle (Ryzen Master) then i changed the power plan to Balanced (Windows Balanced) and my idle temps were nearly 10°C lower! How, lol...
It sounds to me like you answered your own question; just leave things in AUTO and get the benefit of lower temp's as well as higher boost clocks for best temps, performance and speed.