[SOLVED] Which BIOS should I be on?

sshirey

Prominent
Feb 3, 2020
Hey everyone, I have a Asus TUF x470-Plus Gaming motherboard and Im using a Ryzen 3 2200g cpu. I am currently on BIOS 4012. I know that that bios is quite dated. Should I download a newer BIOS and if so which one? Ive heard not to use the bios that is for ryzen 3000 support unless you have one of those cpu's?

I also just found out that the ram I have for my build isn't supported by my mobo (the reason why dual channel wont work) so I was wondering what everyone who may have this board uses? Yes I have looked at the QVL now but just want to know what everyone else uses.

Solution
new BIOS could be more bugs, if your pc is functioning normally, I will not update BIOS. It may do you more harm than good. Usually, if you are experiencing some issues with current BIOS and you know the update is the remedy, then go for it.
new BIOS could be more bugs, if your pc is functioning normally, I will not update BIOS. It may do you more harm than good. Usually, if you are experiencing some issues with current BIOS and you know the update is the remedy, then go for it.

Solution