[SOLVED] Which bios should I use ?

Botperen

Commendable
Apr 30, 2021
My motherboard Asrock B450M HDV R4.0 and Cpu RYZEN 5 2600. After bios 3.10 such a warning comes
jZQfxb.jpg

Solution
That actually depends on what BIOS version you're currently on. If you have an much older version of BIOS than 3.10, gradually work your way to the 3.10.
My motherboard Asrock B450M HDV R4.0 and Cpu RYZEN 5 2600. After bios 3.10 such a warning comes
jZQfxb.jpg
That's probably moving into support for Ryzen 3000 (Vermeer) CPU's. Many (most?) B450 boards dropped support for earlier Ryzen and Athlon CPU and APU versions since they couldn't fit that many in the BIOS chips.

I'd say stopping at v1.40 is good enough for a 2600 anyway since it uses AGESA 1.0.0.6 which was a stable AGESA with broad memory compatibility. From then on new releases helped with the APU support and, ultimately, adding support for 3000 and dropping it for others. If you hit one of those that drops support for it you could, at worse, make it incompatible for your CPU and at best do nothing for it. So it's not really worth the risk.

Botperen

Commendable
Apr 30, 2021
That's probably moving into support for Ryzen 3000 (Vermeer) CPU's. Many (most?) B450 boards dropped support for earlier Ryzen and Athlon CPU and APU versions since they couldn't fit that many in the BIOS chips.

I'd say stopping at v1.40 is good enough for a 2600 anyway since it uses AGESA 1.0.0.6 which was a stable AGESA with broad memory compatibility. From then on new releases helped with the APU support and, ultimately, adding support for 3000 and dropping it for others. If you hit one of those that drops support for it you could, at worse, make it incompatible for your CPU and at best do nothing for it. So it's not really worth the risk.
I am using lastest version 4.50 but asrock dont recommend. I think I should return to bios 3.10?

I am using lastest version 4.50 but asrock dont recommend. I think I should return to bios 3.10?

Starting with v4.10 BIOS's support 5000 series processors. Those BIOS (or the AGESA code they're built on) do not officially support anything but 5000 and 3000 series processors so I'd definitely want to get off it too.

But go back to either v2.30, since you've a 2600 and that's the latest pure support for it, or to v3.90 as that's the last before the Ryzen 5000 series BIOS' start up.

Hopefully you'll have no problem doing this as some BIOS' don't allow reverting to earlier versions. All you can do is try, however.