[SOLVED] Which bluetooth device is good for online meetings?

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
I have a bluetooth speaker I use when listening to music and it has no interruption. But when I use it for Zoom meetings, the sound cuts out constantly. I realized it was because the device was made for music and not broadcasting live audio so how do I know if a Bluetooth device is compatible with sites like Zoom? Do the labels have details to specify that or it there something else?

Solution
It shouldn't make any difference. There really is not much different once the data reaches your machine. The method of going from some place in the computer memory out to the device should be the same.

Can you connect the speaker with a cable of some kind to test. This sounds more like you are getting loss from the meeting itself rather than on the bluetooth between your machine and the speaker.

I guess there could be some issue with how the zoom software interfaces with the speaker driver software. That more likely is some strange combination of setting in the zoom software that someone who really knows zoom stuff might know.

But windows is designed so any software using speakers don't need to deal with having special stuff...
It shouldn't make any difference. There really is not much different once the data reaches your machine. The method of going from some place in the computer memory out to the device should be the same.

Can you connect the speaker with a cable of some kind to test. This sounds more like you are getting loss from the meeting itself rather than on the bluetooth between your machine and the speaker.

I guess there could be some issue with how the zoom software interfaces with the speaker driver software. That more likely is some strange combination of setting in the zoom software that someone who really knows zoom stuff might know.

But windows is designed so any software using speakers don't need to deal with having special stuff to support each type. Software just in effect send the data to windows and says handle this for me. It would only be if they were using some very special feature that they would have extra support.....say something like 5 channel surround.

Solution

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020

But windows is designed so any software using speakers don't need to deal with having special stuff to support each type. Software just in effect send the data to windows and says handle this for me. It would only be if they were using some very special feature that they would have extra support.....say something like 5 channel surround.
Makes sense, I use Macbook for my meetings and I never had an issue when I use a cable for audio.

Are you using a bluetooth mouse or other bluetooth peripherals at the same time on the same PC?

On my work laptop, I had to switch to a mouse with it's own dongle. I tried to use a bluetooth mouse and bluetooth headset at the same time, but there just wasn't enough bluetooth bandwidth or had bluetooth interference. I could only turn 1 or the other on at any given time or the headset would sound robotic and have dropouts or the mouse cursor would move very jittery.

TRENDING THREADS