Question Which Bluetooth driver?

cpeterm

Reputable
Feb 16, 2019
HP Probook 450G0
Windows 7 64-bit

Bluetooth always worked, but stopped and I (wrongly?) downloaded Ralink Bluetooth Software driver SP61613 from HP 'Driver-network' site. After the download Bluetooth is not listed in device manager (like before) and only these 3 under “Network adapters”:
Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter
Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn wifi adapter
Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller

Under “Other devices” is “Bluetooth Controler” with a note “the driver not installed (code 28). When I choose ‘update driver’ i get message ‘windows was unable to update driver’
Question: Which drivers must I download from the HP ‘Driver-network’ page (Probook450 G0) ? There are 20 listed
Cant I uninstal 'bluetooth controler' and instal the correct ones? Appreciaate your help. peter

cpeterm

Reputable
Feb 16, 2019
Downloaded Ralink Bluetooth driver SP61613 and , although the bluetooth icon shows bottom right cant add devices.
Somebody suggested later version SP70570 which was downloaded but same story.

I have the these Network Adapters listed in device manger-
  1. Bluetooth device (personal area network)
  2. Bluetooth device (rfcomm protocol tdi)
  3. Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter
  4. Ralink virtual wifi miniport adapter
  5. Realtek PCIe GBE family controller
Any other to download?

When I show hidden ones a Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn wifi adapter is shown with specs "working properly" and "the best driver sotware already installed".
What now.
Thansk a ton peter

cpeterm

Reputable
Feb 16, 2019
Still struggling. I saw two recommendations: "If you have Ralink wireless card install Ralink bluetooth software". So i'l wait before I choose Broadcom and Mediathek. Right now have Ralink bluetooth 4.0 adapter (under Bluetoothradios) and Ralink rt3290 802.11 wifi adapter (under network adapters).

cpeterm

Reputable
Feb 16, 2019
Still struggling. I saw two recommendations: "If you have Ralink wireless card install Ralink bluetooth software". So i'l wait before I choose Broadcom and Mediathek. Right now have Ralink bluetooth 4.0 adapter (under Bluetoothradios) and Ralink rt3290 802.11 wifi adapter (under network adapters).
So now you have "Ralink Bluetooth 4.0 adapter". Is it not working?
Yes , BT ralink 4.0 and network adapter ralink rt3290 80211bgn. Bluetooth icon shows bottom right and printer is listed but not mobile and speakers which were working but i removed them to solve a problem and now we have a bigger problem in that I cannot ADD devices although all the settings are correct and items are discoverable . Thanks, should I load Broadcom and Mediatek?

Yes , BT ralink 4.0 and network adapter ralink rt3290 80211bgn. Bluetooth icon shows bottom right and printer is listed but not mobile and speakers which were working but i removed them to solve a problem and now we have a bigger problem in that I cannot ADD devices although all the settings are correct and items are discoverable . Thanks, should I load Broadcom and Mediatek?
You may as well try that.