[SOLVED] Which board is better in terms of OC: Z390 AORUS MASTER OR ULTRA?

Jun 12, 2019
Hello!
I woukd like to get one of these 2 motherboards but I don't know which one to choose, given that the MASTER has more features and the ULTRA is said to have better VRMs? I would also like to know which board is better for OC a 9700k.
Thank you!

Solution
Taichi would be a great choice for overclocking, it has really good VRM setup and plenty of features. Just seen online for just bit over 200$ on a promo. I would take this one over the Gigabyte, not this but also Asrock motherboard have better overclocking options in the bios.
They are both great boards, Master has a couple better features which is why I chose it, and I got it open box for $200. Has my 9900k at 5.0 no problem.

I see where you got the better VRM info from. They use different suppliers whereas the VRM configuration is better on the master the ultra uses a slightly higher end component. Master has better VRM cooling though so it won’t get nearly as hot which probably negates any advantage of the ultra. Again, both great boards and I’m sure it will work great for you.

Jun 12, 2019
They are both great boards, Master has a couple better features which is why I chose it, and I got it open box for $200. Has my 9900k at 5.0 no problem.

I see where you got the better VRM info from. They use different suppliers whereas the VRM configuration is better on the master the ultra uses a slightly higher end component. Master has better VRM cooling though so it won’t get nearly as hot which probably negates any advantage of the ultra. Again, both great boards and I’m sure it will work great for you.
Well, I have a problem now. Whenever I leave the PC off for longer periods of time (8 hrs), the moment I turn it on I encounter a boot failure. As a result, I have to load optimised defaults to boot into Windows. Have you encountered this on your motherboard? If so, have you found a solution?

Taichi would be a great choice for overclocking, it has really good VRM setup and plenty of features. Just seen online for just bit over 200$ on a promo. I would take this one over the Gigabyte, not this but also Asrock motherboard have better overclocking options in the bios.

Solution