[SOLVED] Which board should I get boys?

myhind0

Reputable
Sep 3, 2018
Stuck between MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS / ASROCK B550 Steel Legend
the CPU will be R5 5600, Thanks!

PS: don't ask me to get any other board, these two are the only ones available in my country at the moment.

Solution
The Steel legend has a better feature set with higher speed memory support, better VRM configuration, better everything really. The B550 Gaming Plus is a turd, plain and simple, by comparison.
Stuck between MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS / ASROCK B550 Steel Legend
the CPU will be R5 5600, Thanks!

PS: don't ask me to get any other board, these two are the only ones available in my country at the moment.

asrock steel legend

i wouldnt go near msi with a 20 foot pole from my experiance with there horrible ram slots

i have bought 3 motherboards from them each one had a dodgy ram slot that refused to read both sticks.

bought a gigabyte b550 checked cpu and ram both worked perfectly fine in that board

i have used 3 vendors since

asus
asrock
gigabyte

Deepwaterlife48

Commendable
Nov 5, 2021
i have the b550 gaming plus and have had it for a couple years now. ive had no real complaints. ive had no issues at all actually. all the fittings and connections have been fine. there may be better boards with more features, but it absolutely works fine.

im debating whether it would be worthwhile to upgrade to a x570 and a ryzen 7 5700x from a 7 3700x.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Emoji_Thumbs_up_001.png

Reactions: myhind0