Which brand for 6850?

The Asus model has a nice balance between performance and noise:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4002/amd-radeon-hd-6850-overclocking-roundup-asus-xfx-msi

"And that leaves us with the Asus EAH6850. Asus’s design philosophy is normally what we’d call “aggressive”, as we have seen a number of their cards that trade temperature for noise, similar to the XFX. But this isn’t the case for the EAH6850 – it’s as balanced a card as we could ask for. It does well enough at cooling while approaching whisper-quiet noise levels, and even overclocked it manages to keep the 6850 in check without getting too loud or drawing more power than is necessary."

I wonder if the laws of supply and demand are kicking in? The majority of 6850's on Newegg are sold out.

brachen33

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010
I'm in the exact same boat : / .... from what I've read
#1. Asus
#2. Gigabyte
#3. Powercolor/Sapphire
#4. MSI (Didn't read great things about it)

I'm a little irked I didn't buy one from newegg when I had the chance but I wouldn't imagine the prices to keep rising much more..... Other sites I looked out were in the $200.00 plus range for any of those.... I think I"ll wait for newegg (but it's killing me)

varis

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
How long has the Gigabyte card been available? Have any compatibility issues been reported with it... or the other 6850 cards? Or have they been out just so little time we don't see the whole picture yet?

TRENDING THREADS