which brand HD 38070 X2 did you order?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Seraphic

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006

That price seems too low. Make sure it is sealed new retail box and not opened box or something. Also, I called VisionTek to ask about their lifetime warranty. Any overclocking voids it (at least that is what I was told). Called Asus, and they said overclocking was okay on their 3870x2. So I went with Asus as it comes with free game, wallet, and three year warranty.

badgtx1969

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2007
That Visontek also comes w/ Call of Juarez. Supposedly not a great game, but hey I might jump on that. That 3870x2 is the model w/ Ruby's eyes staring at you!

pauldh

Illustrious
Microcenter is a retail chain kinda like a compusa. It's legit, and every once and a while they have great sale prices on hardware. I can't say for sure when it will ship if you order online. The only store near me claims they are already sold out and expect to get more on next Tuesday. Who knows if that is true. I specifically asked if they did not get them in yet as it's a newly released card, and he said no we did have them, but they are all gone already. The in store pickup option would still let me buy it I think, not sure when I'd actually get to go get it though. Seeing how it may not ship for a while and my only local store is currently out, I'm unfortunately passing on it.

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
On the website it said they shipped, but it takes them 7-12 business days before they ship it out. Newegg had mine out the same day I ordered it ofcourse :). . . They probably have fed-ex and ups trucks stopping there every 4 hours.

IndigoMoss

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007
Call of Juarez is a pretty decent game and looks beautiful. It's the only game that I notice a huge improvement over DX9 mode. I'd say it's like night and day.