Which brand of smartphone is the most durable?

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
Otherwise than Apple iPhone because my budget does not fall into their categories. I almost always only use smartphones of low-end specifications because I don't want to spend that much and I don't actually do a lot with a smartphone. I only use basic function like whatsapp, sending text mails, not playing games and not watching videos.

There are so many brands and choices in the market - Samsung, LG, Nokia, HTC, SONY, and many many other, for the low-end spec price range, which brand makes the most durable phone? I understand that buying electronic devices is often a matter of luck, but on average which brand makes the best quality the most durable low-end spec smartphones?

I don't mind using the same phone for couple of years and I am not a tech enthusiast so I don't normally
buy a new phone unless it's dead. My screen broken yesterday because of my mistakes so I think it's high time to get a new phone
now

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013

Yes, assume that I will use phone case and will not drop it onto the floor.

Because accident is human error, nothing about the quality of the phone.

Assume that I will not drop the phone and keep turning ON 24 hours continuously.

I don't want sudden death that makes me lose anything at once

USAFRet

Titan
My $25 3 year old LG TracFone is 'the most durable'.
It still works, and will probably continue to work until I decide to replace it.

Don't drop it, and it will likely last for years.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
"Durable" is not the same as "reliable" in my opinion. If we're going to assume that the phone isn't going to have to endure any sort of physical trauma, then I don't think durability really matters and any phone should last you for years. Just get one that allows you to easily replace the battery.

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016

So you are looking for something with a long battery life , and a battery that can be changed reasonably easily in a year or two, as it wears out.

Xiaomi Note series (currently up to Note 5), is known for good battery life; even better, it has a couple of built in "Stamina" modes that turn off all the fripperies and extend the battery life to hundreds of hours, depending on call numbers and cell tower signal strength.

I have run Note 3 & 4 models for 6-8 days between battery charges.

The phones are reliable, my original Note 1 is still in use more than 4 years after I bought it, and still getting updates from Xiaomi; and (up to Note4 at least), the battery is fairly easy to remove and replace, even though classed as non-removable.

Jul 19, 2018
I think you should go for keypad phone with the Android OS. I know they are less available. But as you have mentioned your 1st priority is the durability. I think you should go for the blackberry phones. Now, they come with the Android os.