Which brand would be most troublefree multiproc motherboar..

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.os.linux.hardware (More info?)

As per topic, which brand (i.e. Tyan, Supermicro etc) would usually be
the most troublefree dual or quad motherboard (either P4 Xeon or
Opteron) to use in a Linux setup? Thanks!

The little lost angel wrote:
> As per topic, which brand (i.e. Tyan, Supermicro etc) would usually be
> the most troublefree dual or quad motherboard (either P4 Xeon or
> Opteron) to use in a Linux setup? Thanks!

I have built six systems so far using the Tyan S2885.
Five of the people I have built them for are firmly in
the Windows camp, but one uses Linux - several kinds -
and thinks the S2885 is the greatest thing since canned
beer.

For many users, the only downside to that board is that
the USB ports are all version 1.1 - so you would probably
want to install a card with USB 2.0 ports if you intend
to use things like USB printers, scanners, hard drives, etc.

--
BOYCOTT GOOGLE !
Partners in crime with the scum that rules China.

For more info search for "Google China Censor Searches".
http://search.yahoo.com/search?_adv_prop=web&x=op&ei=UTF-8&prev_vm=p&fr=fp-top&va=google+china+censor+searches&va_vt=any&vp=&vp_vt=any&vo=&vo_vt=any&ve=&ve_vt=any&vd=m3&vst=0&vs=&vf=html&vm=i&vc=&fl=1&vl=lang_en&n=10"

Google's side of the story:
http://www.google.com/googleblog/2004/09/china-google-news-and-source-inclusion.html