[SOLVED] Which browser do you recommend?

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
Hi all,

I just did fresh install of win 10 64bit home edition.

I am just confused which browser should I use. I like very much the new built in edge chromium and looks way much faster that the chrome. I used to use the chrome all the time. Before I used Firefox which one I dont really like becuase of the scrolling of it not so smooth and I had some bug problem with it.

So which browser do you recommend? Chrome or the built in Edge Chromium?

Thanks for Your replies.

Solution
Chrome and Edge chromium are the same basically. Same engine. Same backend. Choose the one that you like better or roll some dice. End up with the same thing anyhow. There's really very little to no difference between them other than some minor features. Maybe SLIGHTLY different add on support, but even that's probably the same.
Chrome and Edge chromium are the same basically. Same engine. Same backend. Choose the one that you like better or roll some dice. End up with the same thing anyhow. There's really very little to no difference between them other than some minor features. Maybe SLIGHTLY different add on support, but even that's probably the same.

Solution
Thank You.
And which is better for privacy?
My other question is that may be you can help me. Is it safe to save my passwords in the browser?

Thanks.

Probably neither, Google and Microsoft aren't known for caring about user privacy. If privacy is a huge concern then a VPN would be a good investment and use Firefox since Firefox has a long history of supporting (as much as it is possible nowadays) privacy.

I use Firefox pretty much exclusively. I know FF had some usability concerns in the past, a few years back, but the last two years or so since there were some major Mozilla updates that happened, I've not had any similar concerns and I refuse to use Chrome because of the exact reasons that richiestang outlined. Neither Google nor Microsoft give the tiniest tin shirt (minus the R) about your privacy.

After I got hacked once a good while ago, I don't store passwords anywhere on my computers. I keep mine on low tech paper, 2 copies. It's low tech, but I don't believe hackers have found a way to get to it. A more high tech solution could be a USB flash drive that I carry around with me, but the paper approach has worked for me with the dozen or so passwords I have to use.
As for browsers, I like Chrome for 70%, Firefox for 25% (I like the way FF handles favorites), IE for 4%, and Edge for 1%.

Last edited: