[SOLVED] Which budget PSU to use?

Apr 9, 2020
I am working on putting together the parts for my first PC build. Looking for some advice on power supplies.

The CPU will be a Ryzen 5 3600. Based on prices and availability the GPU could be something in the realm of 1650 super, 1660 super, 5500 XT, etc.

Current options that I am looking at for power supplies...

ARESGAME Power Supply 650W 80+ Bronze Certified PSU (AGV650) - $52.99
CORSAIR CX Series CX450 450W ATX12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply, CP-9020120-NA - $54.94
PowerSpec 550 Watt 80 Plus Bronze ATX Non-Modular Power Supply - $54.99

Obviously the Aresgame unit has the most wattage and would be more future proof if I was to upgrade down the line (not sure that I plan to do that but I wasn't sure on the quality of that brand. Corsair has the name recognition there but at 450W is that enough for now and future? I know others that have used the PowerSpec brand from MicroCenter with no issues and it could be a nice in between.

Any thoughts or feedback would be welcomed.

Solution
The Aresgame and PowerSpec are to be avoided. They are low quality and unreliable. Ultimately, probably not even able to provide their rated capacity and certainly not able to sustain it, although, there are no professional reviews of those units so that judgement is based strictly off brand reputation rather than any specific review data.

The CX450 is by far the better of those three. It's not even close.

These three resources should be helpful in obtaining an adequate, reliable quality power supply.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm...
The Aresgame and PowerSpec are to be avoided. They are low quality and unreliable. Ultimately, probably not even able to provide their rated capacity and certainly not able to sustain it, although, there are no professional reviews of those units so that judgement is based strictly off brand reputation rather than any specific review data.

The CX450 is by far the better of those three. It's not even close.

These three resources should be helpful in obtaining an adequate, reliable quality power supply.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

Solution