[SOLVED] Which build do i pick(+suggestions)

konjgl

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2014
ok so im building a PC and i have come up with 2 build options the 2nd one is cheaper and why am i considering that one, well basically after looking around that build might just be good enough but i would like to confirm

1: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cT4ZTC
- this should be like a are reasonable top build

2: i would change like cpu to ryzen 3 3100 and gpu to geforce 1650S

The build is cheaper for like 160$, that might not be much in the grand scale but idk,the preformance difference is quite high for that amount of money
If someone has some other suggestion i will gladly take it

-i already have the PSU and the cooler from the list
-i am looking to use this build for many years to come(idk like 5+) so i would like it to hold on and realistically games can't go forward that much more right graphics are almost at the top now
-i use it for gaming mainly

Solution
i edited your build, take a look on it, it could give a better future proof build:

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor | $210.86 @ MemoryC
Motherboard | Asus TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS (WI-FI) Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard | $218.11 @ Amazon
Memory | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory | $78.98 @ Amazon
Storage | \*Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | $74.98 @ Amazon
Video Card | EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card | $263.27 @ Amazon
Case | Antec NX1000 ATX Mid Tower Case |-
Monitor | AOC...
i edited your build, take a look on it, it could give a better future proof build:

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
Motherboard | Asus TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS (WI-FI) Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard | $218.11 @ Amazon
Memory | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory | $78.98 @ Amazon
Storage | \*Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | $74.98 @ Amazon
Video Card | EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card | $263.27 @ Amazon
Monitor | AOC C24G1 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor |-
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $846.20
| \*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria |
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-25 05:39 EDT-0400 |

Solution

konjgl

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2014

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
Monitor | AOC C24G1 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor |-
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $846.20
| \*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria |
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-25 05:39 EDT-0400 |
oof so your suggested mbo is double the price, may i know why is it soo much better?
and the RAM. what is the reasoning behind the switch? its the same ,just the manufacturer is different, what's the diff on this too if i may know(and for gpu)

It is a good B550M Motherboard since it got a good vrm heatsinks, not too big, also support for next gen ryzen (4000 series, etc.), it got wifi too. The ram is also pretty cheaper then what you pick earlier, also overclock friendly if you intended to. the gpu is also an OK pick since evga is good at making gpus. where do you live anyways? the pricing could be different anyways..

konjgl

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2014
It is a good B550M Motherboard since it got a good vrm heatsinks, not too big, also support for next gen ryzen (4000 series, etc.), it got wifi too. The ram is also pretty cheaper then what you pick earlier, also overclock friendly if you intended to. the gpu is also an OK pick since evga is good at making gpus. where do you live anyways? the pricing could be different anyways..
would you know any other similar mbo's so i can check prices(dont need wifi tho) if u have time.
ram is a lil cheaper so that's good. But with gpu there is some EVGA black which is more expensive. There is GAINWARD,Gigabyte,MSI and Palit(do you mind telling me which are best)
Im in Croatia and i did check all possible prices and everything just that when it comes to mbo's i'm not so sure as with other parts

The MSi Ventus XS OC one for the gpu, cheaper but still better. MSi B450 Gaming Plus MAX or Pro VDH MAX (Supports Ryzen 3000 series out of the box), or MSi B450M Gaming Plus (cheaper, ask for the seller to flash the latest bios for Ryzen 3000 Support). Main difference in B450 and B550 is on the PCIe 4.0 and Upcoming ryzen 4000 support.

Reactions: konjgl

konjgl

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2014
The MSi Ventus XS OC one for the gpu, cheaper but still better. MSi B450 Gaming Plus MAX or Pro VDH MAX (Supports Ryzen 3000 series out of the box), or MSi B450M Gaming Plus (cheaper, ask for the seller to flash the latest bios for Ryzen 3000 Support). Main difference in B450 and B550 is on the PCIe 4.0 and Upcoming ryzen 4000 support.
tnx for info

Did you buy that psu recently? If so, I would suggest to return it. The VS is a double forward group regulated design, that means it has problems with cross load due to the rails all being regulated as one unit. This will cause excess stress on components and may cause them to fail early on. You should, at a minimum aim for a corsair CX unit, as it uses llc resonant converters and dc to dc. This is a newer and more superior design that largely eliminates the crossload risk of the older group reg design.

If you aim to have the pc for at least 5 years, you should consider getting a different psu.

The 970 evo, if you are gaming, it will provide little benefit. I'd opt for an inexpensive drive, such as a intel 660p or crucial p1/p2.

realistically games can't go forward that much more right graphics are almost at the top now
What do you mean by that? The 1660 Super is not even close to top graphics, and to get 144fps with a 144hz monitor, you will likely be playing at medium settings.

konjgl

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2014
Did you buy that psu recently? If so, I would suggest to return it. The VS is a double forward group regulated design, that means it has problems with cross load due to the rails all being regulated as one unit. This will cause excess stress on components and may cause them to fail early on. You should, at a minimum aim for a corsair CX unit, as it uses llc resonant converters and dc to dc. This is a newer and more superior design that largely eliminates the crossload risk of the older group reg design.

If you aim to have the pc for at least 5 years, you should consider getting a different psu.

The 970 evo, if you are gaming, it will provide little benefit. I'd opt for an inexpensive drive, such as a intel 660p or crucial p1/p2.

What do you mean by that? The 1660 Super is not even close to top graphics, and to get 144fps with a 144hz monitor, you will likely be playing at medium settings.
i already own that psu for a while,im currently using it. im basically looking that the build has enough power but what u mention, is it a big factor or rarely can mess up components.

970 evo took it out of many cheap m.2 i got a feeling its whatever. i wouldn't hold games on it but on HDD. I understood that OS being on an SSD is enough

I looked at benchmarks all over the place and it seems 3600+1660S combo plays on ultra?? no?
does 144hz monitor massively affect?(i guess so i didnt take it largely into consideration).up to 100fps is ok.
ok now again went and looked youtube videos and people play using same gpu/cpu and on 144hz??? I'm pretty sure its good for ultra, theres no way u need freakin 2080 to play on ultra 144hz

ok now again went and looked youtube videos and people play using same gpu/cpu and on 144hz??? I'm pretty sure its good for ultra, theres no way u need freakin 2080 to play on ultra 144hz
If the titles are older or not very intensive say csgo or other esports titles, then maybe, it'll run 120-140fps. Otherwise, modern titles, maxed out will run ~80-100fps. Drop it to medium and it'll get pretty close to 144fps.

i already own that psu for a while,im currently using it. im basically looking that the build has enough power but what u mention, is it a big factor or rarely can mess up components.
Basically, components are sensitive, when the voltage falls out of spec, it stresses the components. I can not say when or how long it will take for parts to fail.

You said you had the unit for a while, is it the grey VS or is it the older orange and black VS?
If it's the grey and black VS, I'd give it no longer then a year to find a replacement.
If it's the orange and black VS, replace it asap.

konjgl

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2014
If the titles are older or not very intensive say csgo or other esports titles, then maybe, it'll run 120-140fps. Otherwise, modern titles, maxed out will run ~80-100fps. Drop it to medium and it'll get pretty close to 144fps.

Basically, components are sensitive, when the voltage falls out of spec, it stresses the components. I can not say when or how long it will take for parts to fail.

You said you had the unit for a while, is it the grey VS or is it the older orange and black VS?
If it's the grey and black VS, I'd give it no longer then a year to find a replacement.

yeah its orange VS ;( fck now seen a post on this page about it -.- cmooon wtf that PSU is a scamaz basically

so you know when u know alot about something but then something basic just misses by you,.. well u opened my eyes i'm embarassed now i didnt know u need 144fps to utilize 144hz
🤦‍♂️
well i thought i had a build but it looks i dont... bout to cry