[SOLVED] Which cable is for the PSU and which is for the monitor?

mesi123

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2012
Hello guys! So I recently shipped my PC to the new place and turns out if mixed the power cables.
I have a 5 amp Sangle power cable and a 10 amp I Sheng cable. One is for pc and the other is for the monitor. The monitor is the AOC G2460PF. And the PC is running on a Cooler Master V650 650 watt PSU. I've tried googling the parts and models and looking at unboxing videos of the monitor but it's not help because both cables come as power chords for tvs and monitors. I don't want to risk causing any damage by plugging the wrong power chord into the wrong part (Though I'm not sure it would damage it, I'm no expert but why take the risk). So which cable goes where?

Edit: I live in the UK and the voltage on the power outlets is 230 volts at 50 Hz.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
I'd recommend using the 5a fused one on the PC. This is because, if something goes wrong in your PSU, it won't go and eat all of the power from your wall. Instead, it'll cut out at 5. As for the 10a one, it'll be fine to use, but you should get a cheap 3a fuse for it soon, same reason as why you should use the 5a on the PC.
You probably could use either cable for either device..
Even the 5 amp cable is capable of 600 watts at 120 VAC.....and you can put a bit more through it than that.
....but I think the best way would be to use the 5 amp cable for the display and the 10 amp cable for the PSU.....because I think the PSU can probably draw more than the display.

Reactions: mesi123

mesi123

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2012
You probably could use either cable for either device..
Even the 5 amp cable is capable of 600 watts at 120 VAC.....and you can put a bit more through it than that.
....but I think the best way would be to use the 5 amp cable for the display and the 10 amp cable for the PSU.....because I think the PSU can probably draw more than the display.
Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention I live in the UK. The voltage where I live is 230 V at 50 Hz. Thank you

I'd recommend using the 5a fused one on the PC. This is because, if something goes wrong in your PSU, it won't go and eat all of the power from your wall. Instead, it'll cut out at 5. As for the 10a one, it'll be fine to use, but you should get a cheap 3a fuse for it soon, same reason as why you should use the 5a on the PC.

Solution