Which Card lasts longer?

G

Which will Last longer in my rig? Kyro II, Radeon 64, or Georce 2 Pro? I mean in a year and a half time. I wouldn't want to go 640x480 just to get things going.

Toz Alaikum.

Sihs

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Just in case you didn't know, The Radeon has the most features I guess, dx8 and stuff (correct me if I'm wrong), The kyro II is an impressive card with kinda no memory limitation and the pro is just basically brute force kinda thing. I'm curious for some other opinions around here.

Sh!t Happens.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I would go for the Radeon 64. As i remember (Radeon hyperZ saves bandwith) (Kyro2 tile-based rendering lowers bandwith too)(Geforce has bandwith problems).

Check out my RIG <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/rcf84/home.html" target="_new">Rcf84's celeron machine</A>

G

there are definately +'s and -'s for all these cards. I think you should wait and see the final kyro II product and then judge all these cards. If price will influence your choice, wait for the geforce 3 to actually be retail and push the geforce 2 line down in price. You may see ati cut their prices down as well.

G

have a look at the kyro II killer of nvidia thread, only bother reading from page 18 or so, the rest is just ranting.

Sihs

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I agree, the radeon might be more suited to future games with its hidden surface removal. But What bugs me is that in benchmarks it is outperformed by both the kyro and the pro.
The question is, is Radeon's and GF3's hidden surface removal a must in future games. Maybe the pro will do a moderate job despite its bandwidth probs.

Sh!t Happens.

Sihs

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well it doesn't perform as well as it does in theory (2-7)x but you never know.
BTW, when is the Radeon II coming out?

Sh!t Happens.

G

Hamed, you are not the only one that can write Arabic, so be polite in your Messages "Toz Alykum" in Arabic = Up yours in English. Here we all share information and rest assured that there are many people from different countries, but they do not take advantage of others not speaking the language and posting such notes.

Ana Bathadnas Arabie Jeyid Jidan, Lakin Ma Bastiqul Al Fursa talama Akhroun Ma bithadasu Arabie = I speak fluently arabic, but do not take advantage of it since others do not.

Negaverse23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It depends on how much the 3D technology will change over the year. I think the Radeon 64 should last you for the 1 1/2 year time that you want.

=
<font color=green>1Ghz on 56K access? I'll keep my 400Mhz on cable access. ;)</font color=green>

Sihs

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Those b@$tard$! (kidding). I thought they said they will have it by the time all the fuss around the GF3 settles. I guess that means prices will stay high for another 6 months.

Sh!t Happens.

Sihs

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Wow how polite of Hameed, Up yours he says. Well, in the words of my neighbour, @#$*@#$*@#$*@#!#@$@$*.
How interesting, I didn't know we had arabs here. Where are you from colt51?

Sh!t Happens.

G

I live in USA and am American citizen, But originaly my father is Egyptian and mother is Croatian :)