[SOLVED] Which card to go with

Brian_278

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
Hey Guys,
I am in the fortunate situation to purchase one of the two following cards, I would like to know if given the choice which would YOU buy and why.
Thanks (seems like the AMD has more gigs on board but the RTX has better architecture? )

MSI Suprim X GeForce RTX 3080

XFX Speedster Merc319 AMD Radeon RX 6900XT Limited Black

My head is just spinning with the choices and I just would love more opinions.

Solution
Hey Guys,
I am in the fortunate situation to purchase one of the two following cards, I would like to know if given the choice which would YOU buy and why.
Thanks (seems like the AMD has more gigs on board but the RTX has better architecture? )

Any of those GPUs will be great, I can not talk about brands since I don't have enough info about RTX 3xxx and RX 6xxx series.

If you wana take advantage of (nvidia) RT and DLSS then the RTX 3080 will be the way to go. If you don't care about that then the RX 6900XT could be a nice option.

Whats your display...
D

Deleted member 362816

I build allot of pcs and have used both of these cards. I myself prefer the 6900XT in general but I no longer buy XFX. I have had nothing but issues with XFX cards since the 580's and 5xxx xt series.

What is the price difference?

Hey Guys,

Any of those GPUs will be great, I can not talk about brands since I don't have enough info about RTX 3xxx and RX 6xxx series.

If you wana take advantage of (nvidia) RT and DLSS then the RTX 3080 will be the way to go. If you don't care about that then the RX 6900XT could be a nice option.

Whats your display resolution and refresh rate?, and....
What kind of games do you play usaully?

Solution

Brian_278

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
I build allot of pcs and have used both of these cards. I myself prefer the 6900XT in general but I no longer buy XFX. I have had nothing but issues with XFX cards since the 580's and 5xxx xt series.

What is the price difference?
Not much price difference, I used to have "ATI" cards, back in the day, but switched a while ago when I purchased my first Gigabyte 1080 TI since I had the 2080 Super but am trying to decided between these two, definitely steering away from Giga. and Asus, they just aren't for me, personal choice.

Brian_278

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017

Whats your display resolution and refresh rate?, and....
What kind of games do you play usaully?

resol. is 3440x1440, at 120mhz
I don't play anything too overloaded, COD, WOW, ATS, none of the latest blow your mind type of games.

D

Deleted member 362816

resol. is 3440x1440, at 120mhz
I don't play anything too overloaded, COD, WOW, ATS, none of the latest blow your mind type of games.

These cards are very close in performance. Even though I dislike XFX I would say go with the 6900xt for its vram. amd fidelityfx is ok yes dlss is better but it's getting there.

Brian_278

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
The one point that RodroX brought up got my attention, as I did buy a monitor a couple months back that has that Nvidia "stuff" on it, however, honestly I don't think I use it, I think I would know if I did lol I don't think any of the games I listed a too technically complex requiring DLSS or RT
So being that is the case I guess I still am on the fence. I guess location doesn't matter at all, one ships from China, the XFX from the US. I guess as far as quality goes it's a lottery no matter where it ships from.

The one point that RodroX brought up got my attention, as I did buy a monitor a couple months back that has that Nvidia "stuff" on it, however, honestly I don't think I use it, I think I would know if I did lol I don't think any of the games I listed a too technically complex requiring DLSS or RT
So being that is the case I guess I still am on the fence. I guess location doesn't matter at all, one ships from China, the XFX from the US. I guess as far as quality goes it's a lottery no matter where it ships from.

Do you mean the display you got include: gsync, freesync, adaptive-sync or similar (like gsync compatible)?

Last edited:

Brian_278

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
Okay so easy enough, if I want to stick with the Nvidia Gsync to eliminate the XFX which is a great card, just want the Gsync.

So that leaves me with the Suprim X - nope now I am reading about the Gaming Z Trio

Not sure if any of you have either of these cards, apparently the S.X. is slightly better?

The other issue I have to consider, from past experience is whom I am buying it from. The S.X. seller has no ratings at all and it seems you can't rate them on Newegg, whereas the G.Z. Trio seller, well, one of them, is getting a lot of good feedback and customer service.
SHOULD I get a DOA or it dies a few days in, aren't my odds better going with what seems to be, better customer service then a no name in China?

Just asking for input that's all, opinions are always appreciated, as I said I am extremely fortunate to be in this position and doing my best to not screw it up (even though it seems to come down to a "lottery" on cards in general)

Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS