Build Advice Which case as an upgrade to my Fractal Define R6?

lapinobel

Prominent
Nov 10, 2019
Current system:
MSI Z390 ACE
i7 9700K
2x8gb RGB Vengeance Pro
MSI RTX2080 Gaming X Trio
several M.2 + SSD's
Kraken X62 (front mounted, 2 intake fans behind the rad)
1 outtake 140mm (Noctua AF14S)

System runs fine (recently had to replace X62 with X63, was broken), but I often feel a bit cramped and I always notice airflow not being optimal when case is closed. With case open, gpu runs pretty cool but once I close it, temps quickly rise up to 75°C or more.

So looking for a new(er) case which has better airflow, which looks great, has decent expansion options, USB-C is a plus but not needed. Currently mainly considering the LianLi O11 (https://www.lian-li.com/pc-o11-dynamic/ ). Mainly looking to improve airflow, might install a couple Corsair LL fans for the looks and better air intake, and would mount the X63 on top (which is impossible on the R6).

Good choice? Other suggestions?

lapinobel

Prominent
Nov 10, 2019
Around 150 euro.
Current layout/look:
FMXCn9T.jpg

lapinobel

Prominent
Nov 10, 2019
I can assure you I have :) I can almost start a shop with all obsolete fans and stuff... Learned a lot now though, diff between high pressure etc. Only thing I might consider is getting 2 very nice (black) Noctua fans for the rad, no idea which ones would be best for this. The NZXT's are a bit loud.

Reactions: Pickachu

Pickachu

Prominent
Apr 15, 2019
I can assure you I have :) I can almost start a shop with all obsolete fans and stuff... Learned a lot now though, diff between high pressure etc. Only thing I might consider is getting 2 very nice (black) Noctua fans for the rad, no idea which ones would be best for this. The NZXT's are a bit loud.
I understood.
The Lian li is a very good option.
You can also check the Phanteks P600S, and there is more(tell me if you want to check another cases).
For the 150 euro the Lian li is one of the best!

TRENDING THREADS