[SOLVED] Which Case for 360 Radiator?

Mar 23, 2021
Dear users,

I'm going to make my first custom build but I have a little doubt regarding the case.

Here main components I'd love to choose: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, MSI MEG X570 ACE and G Skill Trident RAM.

Regarding AIO Cooler and Case I'm really interested in a NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm and a Cooler Master H500M.

I just have a big doubt about compatibilty between those components. I would like to mount the Cooler on the top of the case. However it is not clear to me if it is possible. I have seen a lot of people online who have been able to fit a Cooler to the top without any problems (they mostly used a Cooler Master ML360R). However there are also several people who have had problems with the Cooler Master H500M + Top 360 Radiator as they have not been able to mount the radiator inside the case. Many had to split the mounting (radiator under the top bracket and fan above it). Since I would like to get the "sandwich" solution (Radiator + Fans under the top bracket and other 3 fans above the top bracket) I was wondering if the Kraken Z73 allows me to do it with the Cooler Master H500M and the components I have reported above.

On CM website they say maximum thickness clearance is 43mm for top Radiator. However most of builds I saw mounted a Cooler Master ML360R which is 53mm thick. So it's really confusing me.

Anyone have a similar setup and can help me understand?

Another case I had seen is the DarkBasePro 900 Orange V2. Is this case able to solve my doubt/problem?

Thank you for you help

Dear users,

I'm going to make my first custom build but I have a little doubt regarding the case.

Here main components I'd love to choose: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, MSI MEG X570 ACE and G Skill Trident RAM.

Regarding AIO Cooler and Case I'm really interested in a NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm and a Cooler Master H500M.

I just have a big doubt about compatibilty between those components. I would like to mount the Cooler on the top of the case. However it is not clear to me if it is possible. I have seen a lot of people online who have been able to fit a Cooler to the top without any problems (they mostly used a Cooler Master ML360R). However there are also several people who have had problems with the Cooler Master H500M + Top 360 Radiator as they have not been able to mount the radiator inside the case. Many had to split the mounting (radiator under the top bracket and fan above it). Since I would like to get the "sandwich" solution (Radiator + Fans under the top bracket and other 3 fans above the top bracket) I was wondering if the Kraken Z73 allows me to do it with the Cooler Master H500M and the components I have reported above.

On CM website they say maximum thickness clearance is 43mm for top Radiator. However most of builds I saw mounted a Cooler Master ML360R which is 53mm thick. So it's really confusing me.

Anyone have a similar setup and can help me understand?

Another case I had seen is the DarkBasePro 900 Orange V2. Is this case able to solve my doubt/problem?

Thank you for you help
Look at the product pages for the case they normally tell you the supported configs. Personally like NZXT cases with the coolers

Mar 23, 2021
Look at the product pages for the case they normally tell you the supported configs. Personally like NZXT cases with the coolers

Yep, as I said On CM website they say maximum thickness clearance is 43mm for top Radiator. Kraken Z73 is 53mm (Radiator + Fan). Some people was able to fit their 360 cooler somebody not. I just would love to understand if my configuration allows me to mount Kraken Z73 on top bracket inside the case.

Yep, as I said On CM website they say maximum thickness clearance is 43mm for top Radiator. Kraken Z73 is 53mm (Radiator + Fan). Some people was able to fit their 360 cooler somebody not. I just would love to understand if my configuration allows me to mount Kraken Z73 on top bracket inside the case.
How thick are the fans? You could swap them out for thinner fans

Mar 23, 2021
Reactions: prateek320i

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Those have a lot of space.

Pic with a Z73 in the top.
https://cdna.pcpartpicker.com/stati...323.223572b0d3a07eab4c3cae5899e40a2a.1600.jpg

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/HZdmP6